How to choose motherboard?

Erik

2[H]4U
Hello,

I am trying to help my bro build a new comp, and I was wondering how I should decide on a motherboard? I figure picking out everything else is simple enough, but how do I guarantee compatibility with the cpu and mobo?

Thanks

Theres a few brands that are good. like abit, asus, epox, gigabyte, and a few others.

Get a ABIT NF7 or ABIT NF7-S If u are getting a AMD ANHTLON XP CPU. ABIT IC7 or ABIT IC7-G for a petnuim series. ASUS K8V for a AMD 64 socket 754.

you want to make sure that it is socket A compatible

that way you are sure to get a quality AMD chip while avoiding dumber processors like Pentium 4's and celerons

-end humor

The best way to decide what mobo you want is to firstly look at compatibility. Look for one that is compatible with the processor you want. Then look at the features it has, to see what will serve you best and what you need. You also wnat to look at reliability - no use going for a cheap mobo that will be unstable and generally suck. Brands like Asus, Abit and Gigabyte are the best in the market in terms of reliability, compatibility and features. Go with these and you won't go wrong.

Back