how to change password of Windows remote shared folder?

Techno Pride

Limp Gawd
Hi,

this company i'm working at gives each of us employees a folder on its server. I access it through \\co_server\my_name. However, I've no idea how to change the password. The default password is our identity card number, which is incredibly stupid since such information can be easily obtained. (just look at other colleagues' documents' lying on tables...)

BTW, I'm logged on locally on my WinXP SP3 Pro laptop. No idea what OS the server is runnig.

I've googled and tried some "net user my_name * /DOMAIN" command from the command line, but it doesnt seem to be working.

Unfortunately, I'm not the IT guy there and do not have physical access to the server. Any ideas?

Have you considered just asking your IT dept how you can change the password?

do you guys have Outlook Web Access for emails? If so you can log into that and go to options and change your domain password from there.

At a workstation, hit CTRL + ALT + DEL, hit the "Change Password" button, enter the username, existing password (id card #) and then your new password.

Problem solved.

At a workstation, hit CTRL + ALT + DEL, hit the "Change Password" button, enter the username, existing password (id card #) and then your new password.

Problem solved.

that only works if the computer is joined to the domain. OP stated he logs on locally using local username/pass. NOT domain creds

Back