How to calibrate KU6300?

Panel

Gawd
Can a professional calibrator that would typically be used on a desktop monitor be used? Or will it not work on these TVs?

It can be done in software, and to a very limited extent via the set's RGB gain settings, but to get any real quality calibration will require a software profile, which can be very challenging to enforce the use of outside of Photoshop and the like.

It can be done in software, and to a very limited extent via the set's RGB gain settings, but to get any real quality calibration will require a software profile, which can be very challenging to enforce the use of outside of Photoshop and the like.
So the TV will override the calibration? Even in PC mode and the like?

No, just running software for calibration is always a pain. Games really like to ignore the profiles.

If you plug it in with a PC, it would work just like a desktop monitor.

No, just running software for calibration is always a pain. Games really like to ignore the profiles.
If you plug it in with a PC, it would work just like a desktop monitor.
See, these statements would make a lot more sense to me if I knew how proper calibration works on a normal monitor. You guys seem to know what you're doing… can you start by explaining how normal calibration works and how the KU6300's calibration would differ from that norm? Again, I appreciate the replies!

PS. I'm a novice, and all my reference on this topic comes from here:

Last edited:
See, these statements would make a lot more sense to me if I knew how proper calibration works on a normal monitor. You guys seem to know what you're doing… can you start by explaining how normal calibration works and how the KU6300's calibration would differ from that norm? Again, I appreciate the replies!

PS. I'm a novice, and all my reference on this topic comes from here:

It does not differ at all. Both pc monitors and tvs have backlight brightness and color temperature adjudtments. On TV the settings are typically more advanced but the basic idea is the same, and for all of them you need a colorimeter.

Back