How to bypass a work firewall (proxies?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spincut

[H]ard|Gawd
For whatever reason, my work suddenly firewalled facebook, or at least I just recently got the page "Web Site Blocked by NETGEAR Firewall" when I try and go out of the blue.

So yeah, this will not stand. I assume I have to do something proxy related to be able to bypass that. Anyone have any suggestions. I tried a web proxy I randomly found from google, but then started to think twice before I was to put in my username and password.

So I figured I'd come here and see if there was anything anyone could reccomend that is simple, safe, trustworthy and works?

Ok first of all, if you're not going to be helpful, you can not post, k thx.

Secondly, wow, they actually didn't block the HTTPS of the site, so that worked.

Still would like an answer to my question regardless though.

P.S. Part of my job at a certain point does involve facebook community development, but at this point I'd rather not have to have an argument with the person managing the firewall...that's the explanation for all you people who seem to just have to nitpick over the backstory to the problem than solving the problem itself (which I debate whether the ones posted can even otherwise they'd contribute).

I doubt its allowed here to try and help you in this way, we are helping by telling you not to go against your IT guy, he will win in the end.

Ok seriously, this is not going to turn into a live-in forumite discussion over it, either post a helpful solution as per my question or go away, I don't care about your opinions in this matter.

And I have an IT woman, not guy.

OK, Mr. Politically Correct :rolleyes:

IT policies are in place for a reason. If you have issues with them, you bring them up with a manager. Maybe if you weren't a douche about it you could talk to him and get him to make an exception for you.

For reasons I don't really feel like going into (since apparently giving you people ANY extra information only results in a flood of useless individuals trying to start useless tangents) I am not going to be speaking to my IT person. You don't know me, my job, or my life, so stop trying to categorize, especially calling "me" a douche after I have made it abundantly clear as the OP the help I'm looking for, and you're insisting on offering your unsoliscited opinion. People who try and derail forum threads with opinions rather than helping seem far more douchey.

I have already said this, but people have trouble grasping it, if you arent going to post a helpful solution, DONT POST. I don't care about your opinion, and I don't care to have a stupid discussion over your opinions. If you don't want to help (or more likely don't have a useful answer and would rather just be a social pain in the ass), as I said before, don't post anything.

From here on out, useful solutions only please. If you really need it and are incapable of posting otherwise, I can make up an entirely different back story with the same damn problem, if it will make you feel better.

We absolutely will not give you help here in bypassing security measures on equipment you do not own and are not authorized to modify. Asking questions like this has never been permitted on this forum. You also won't get away with changing your back story so don't bother trying. The only recommendation we have, is that if you have a legitimate reason to use Facebook, talk to your employer about it. Personally I would never allow facebook on a company network as it's a significant source of malware since people will pretty much click on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back