How to bridge a wireless hotel connection?

xan311

n00b
I am staying at a hotel for 2 months. The hotel has a wifi connection that requires a username and password so only 1 device can be used at a time.
I am wondering if I could bridge my wireless router to the wireless connection from the hotel so I can use my playstation and laptop at the same time.

Chances are it's a captive portal system that's recording the MAC address of the 1st device it sees. Go get a travel router, and plug that in between your mini network and the Hotel. the hotel will see the internet request come from the travel router and open up traffic for it and therefore any devices behind it.

Or use ICS on your laptop (assuming it is running a newer version of Windows). One less piece of equipment to deal with.

Thanks guys, I am running on a newer version of windows and did a little research on the ICS. I would have to be plugged (wired) to the network to be able to use the ICS.

With ICS, use wifi for your internet connection, and then a wired connection between your laptop and PS3.

Back