How to boot to linux after Windows XP install

M'ichal

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I had Win2k/Mandriva dual boot (both OS's on separate hdd's). I bought a new hdd and installed XP on it and still got the Linux on the old drive. I understand that LILO won't naturally show up on booting but is it possible to access it without reinstalling the whole Linux? Like the whole system wasn't touched, it's just a matter of accessing it somehow and I don't know how to do it.

Thanks for any help

That guide wants me to edid LILO file and I cannot boot to linux. No matter which hdd i set to boot from, i don't get an option to boot to linux.

Some bios's have hd selection then a "try other boot devices" be sure thats disabled. (linux should either boot or give you an error message from that drive instead of loading windows.) If all else fails unplug your non linux harddrives to get into mandriva. If for some reason you cannot get it to boot once so ever you might be able to do this from a livecd. (Another option you could try is to install grub/lilo on your main drive and use that as your primary boot loader.)

Back