How to boost WiFi reception - How to get free internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a Linksys WRT54G and put it in bridging mode. Buy/make a directional antenna and connect to the guy's wireless. Then buy another router and connect to the WRT54G so you're running a double NAT. This way he'll never accidentally browse your network stuff and you'll never accidentally browse his network stuff.

I'm not going to touch the legal aspect of this conversation, just giving tech advice.

Useful link

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13859095?hilite=wrt54g+wds

PopeKevinI said:
How to boost WiFi: make sure you have a good card, and get a better antenna. Simple as that.

How to get free internet: Steal someone's broadband, get arrested, go to jail. Use free internet connection in prison library.

That's the best and easiest way . Very funny..

jon3sh said:
That's the best and easiest way . Very funny..

jon3sh - any reason you felt the need to drag up a year old thread while adding nothing of value with your post?

Have you tried the Bountiful Router? It is by far the most powerful wireless router out there. It's increased LNA side provides a better receive signal as well as nearly 1000 milliwatts of send power. This router is by far the most productive on the market today. I stated in another blog, I can sit well over 1000 feet away from the Bountiful router in a field and still maintain 5 bars and close to 54mbps on bandwith and rare packet loss. Imagine what you could do with an antennae other than their 2.2dbi omni directional antennae!!!!!:eek:
Here is the site: www.bountifulwifi.com

Isn't the FON firmware installed on their discounted routers (or your router) that shares your wireless with others considered in violation of most ISPs' Terms of Service? Yet FON is legal?

eggy1 said:
Have you tried the Bountiful Router? It is by far the most powerful wireless router out there. It's increased LNA side provides a better receive signal as well as nearly 1000 milliwatts of send power. This router is by far the most productive on the market today. I stated in another blog, I can sit well over 1000 feet away from the Bountiful router in a field and still maintain 5 bars and close to 54mbps on bandwith and rare packet loss. Imagine what you could do with an antennae other than their 2.2dbi omni directional antennae!!!!!:eek:
Here is the site: www.bountifulwifi.com

You are a guerilla spammer. Get out of our forums.

[email protected]

Moral/Ethical issues aside - Purely from a technical standpoint.

I guess you wouldn't mind if I just walked into your house, sat down and started watching TV. Just because someone leaves there door unlocked does not give yoou the right to walk in, just because some moron leaves his keys in the car does not give you the right to take it for a spin. what your asking is not only morally and ethically wrong, it is also not legal! Nuf said, Will you pass the remote, I want to order some pay per view!

I guess you wouldn't mind if I just walked into your house, sat down and started watching TV. Just because someone leaves there door unlocked does not give yoou the right to walk in, just because some moron leaves his keys in the car does not give you the right to take it for a spin. what your asking is not only morally and ethically wrong, it is also not legal! Nuf said, Will you pass the remote, I want to order some pay per view!

Any reason for a year old bump on this thread?

Any reason for a year old bump on this thread?

I was doing a search to see if the 7db antenna's for wireless routers were worth it or not, seen this thread and just got really pissed off at it, i didn't look at the date, and to top it off, I never even new that Kyle himself was the last poster. Trust me, I am sorry I dug this one out of the grave :mad:

Well, since its alive again, all these comparrisons of open doors and such are bullshit. It's like comparring port scanning to checking the doorknob to see if its unlocked. For one, port scanning is like looking through a window to see if the lights on. For wifi, its like someone watching your tv through their window into your window. Or like someone listening to your music when you put the volume up to 11. Aside from the grey area that now that most manufactures are shipping routers with encryption turned on, that unprotected wifi can be considered permission to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back