How to backup Outlook Express Emails?

MaXimus

[H]ard|Gawd
My friend is asking me how can he move his Outlook Express emails to his other computer? which files does he need to save and copy to the other computer? and where should he copy/paste them?

I believe they are under c:/documents and settings/profile name whatever/local settings/application data/microsoft

Open Outlook Express, drag and drop them into the folder you want them in...

i dont quiete get it. can anyone please provide me with a more detailed explanation.

thank u

Have him make a new folder in outlook called transfer, copy all of his emails to that folder that he wants to transfer.

Go to where outlook stores the emails and grab the 2 Transfer.XXX files that are in there and put them on a CD or if the machines are networked copy them to the other machine.

On the other machine, have him make a folder in outlook called transfer, close outlook express, go to the folder where the mails are stored, overright the transfer.xxx files that are in there with the ones from the other machine.

start Outlook Express back up and then the emails will be in the transfer folder.
pretty simple, eh.

actually, that may only work for Eudora, as I think Outlook and OE use one large file for mail, a .pst file. you can probably just copy that one large file to the other machine and see if that works.

I made a gif of the action:

emailtutv.gif

Wow Lamont! That was really nice on your part! Can't get any simpler.

Back