How to author a DVD from a PowerPoint Presentation

Ryck

Limp Gawd
Hey I am trying to do a favor for a couple of friends. They asked if I could create a DVD from a PP presentation of their 50th weeding anniversary. Is there any way I could go about doing this, and if so what programs would I need?

I was thinking I might have to screen capture the PP, but I am not sure what programs I would need.

You'll probably have to find an application that does images to a video clip, and then export the slides to jpegs.

Hey I am trying to do a favor for a couple of friends. They asked if I could create a DVD from a PP presentation of their 50th weeding anniversary. Is there any way I could go about doing this, and if so what programs would I need?

I was thinking I might have to screen capture the PP, but I am not sure what programs I would need.

It's been a few years since I did this...but let's see if any of this helps.

From what I remember I had to go through a few programs I found from download.com or just a google search before finding one I really liked. The program recorded the screen so I turned on record and just let the PPT file play through the slide show. I believe it gave me some giant MPG file.

Then I dropped it in VirtualDub and cropped the beginning and end. After that I added music. Spliced the MPG with the audio and encoded it down to a DVD ready file.

Used Nero to create a basic menu system, dropped in the MPG and let it do its thing.

Some of this may not apply anymore but hopefully it'll give you an idea of what you're looking for.

You might be better off using something like Photo Story 3. You drop pictures in, apply effects, add texts, adjust transitions and add sound if you like. At the end you choose what resolution to export it to (1024x768) is an option. Then save the video and use your favorite dvd authoring program to burn it to disc.

Thanks for the help,I used camtasia to screen cap the PP presentation, now I am all set to author it to DVD.

Back