How to adjust output-specific equalizers in Windows 10?

Ycarcomed

n00b
I've only recently migrated to W10 and I'm looking to turn my 3.5mm Realtek output down, because my sub is just overwhelming at stock levels. In W7 I think I used to just go through the Sound Devices and add a "effect" that was an equalizer from within Windows. Is there anything similar now? I only want it changed for this output and not all audio ports.

Realtek's software will probably do this the easiest. I don't believe that there's an easy solution to do this per output device as you're asking for.

Alright thanks. I tried looking everywhere and I just don't get why per-channel equalization is not an option in W10 but was in W7.

You can always install Equalizer APO to do that (and much much more should you want it).

This piece of the software is by far the best thing that has happened to Windows audio in the last few years. I just wish I had known about it sooner than 3 years ago.

You can always install Equalizer APO to do that (and much much more should you want it).

This piece of the software is by far the best thing that has happened to Windows audio in the last few years. I just wish I had known about it sooner than 3 years ago.
Thank you! Do you know off hand if there are channel-specific curves? My headset could use a tiny more low end, and but my altec lansings are so bass-heavy music actually sounds bad.

Thank you! Do you know off hand if there are channel-specific curves? My headset could use a tiny more low end, and but my altec lansings are so bass-heavy music actually sounds bad.
Please share everything you have hooked up, this is probably pretty easy to do!

Yes, you can do whatever you want, including per channel equalization (and much much more). I use it both to EQ my headphones and to do room correction for my surround sound setup (switching between the two configurations by means of a .bat script) - which means EQing every speaker on its own, including the subwoofer.

It is a very advanced tool but not THAT difficult to use if you're going to do simple stuff (honestly, there are a lot of functions that go completely over my head!). Adjusting the volume or EQing a channel or two is easy enough, you basically add a first (control) filter to select the channel(s) and then you add one or more filters to make whatever changes you want.

Back