How to actually conduct and complete a transaction as a seller? (specifically PayPal)

limitedaccess

Supreme [H]ardness
I've mainly just sold locally in the past which is simple enough, you meet up, let the buyer inspect, exchange money/goods and its done.

Trying to sell some small items (game keys basically from bundles) currently and not sure if there is something I am doing wrong in terms procedure for actually completing a transactions. This could be helpful in the future if I do intend to sell a larger item as well (actual hardware).

1) I make a sell post
2) I receive a PM from someone wanting to buy for the price listed.
3) I PMed them back saying okay and with my PayPal e-mail.
4) No further response (it's from people with previous heatware) or payment (as far as I can tell).

Plan was to just PM them the key after receiving payment (no request was made to send the key first).

Am I doing something wrong here?

I waited 48hrs (no communication) before accepting another offer currently, should I be holding for longer? But my question here now is what is an acceptable cutoff point? What happens then if a previous inquiring buyer simply pays and wants what they bought?

Should I be getting their e-mail and sending a Paypal request that way? Should I be using the PayPal invoice/request payment form instead?

You waited more than long enough for payment from the first offer. Money talks and bullshit walks so I usually give folks till the next day to send payment and tell others who offer they are next in line then I accept the next offer and go from there.

First to pay gets to play is my opinion. I've had a few people ask for my Paypal lately (regarding my active FS thread) and then just disappear. It happens.

Thanks, wasn't sure what to expect regarding that, so not sure if it was normal or not and whether or not it was because I was doing something wrong.

How would you deal with a potential situation though if the earlier person just happens to pay and contends that they paid and also want the item? Who's footing the transactions fees for that? At least I believe Paypal has transaction fees for refunds? Is a ~24hr waiting period considered the standard then? I'm guessing it is good form to PM previous "buyers" that you've moved on as well?

Is my overall procedure correct though (in terms of best practices)?

1) Send payment information, my paypal e-mail.
- should I be using the request payment feature instead?
- should I be sending additional contact information (name, number, etc.) along with that PM
2) Wait for payment
3) Send key
- Confirm receipt of payment in PM. Then ship product, then send shipping/confirmation information.

I would PM the original potential buyer with a quick moving on and if that don't get a reply proceed to the next buyer. I wouldn't want multiple payments and getting a post here in the TTT for having to refund someone their money. Anything could have happened that caused a delay in payment - including changing their mind at which point they should have PM'd you to let you know. Very frustrating.

I would give them a certain time. If they didn't pay for the item. Then move on to the next person inline. Careful of the game codes as some aren't suppose to be resold . Not sure if it has changed here or not. It would be nice to get a new set of rules on what game codes can and cannot be sold here. As all of them state in the tos now not to be resold or traded now. Good luck on the selling.

Careful of the game codes as some aren't suppose to be resold . Not sure if it has changed here or not. It would be nice to get a new set of rules on what game codes can and cannot be sold here. As all of them state in the tos now not to be resold or traded now.
Kyle brought this up in the mod/admin forum recently and has amended the rules.

He stated it is not our job to police the ToS for game sales, as we are not involved in the sale.

But basically, if you run into issues for violating ToS, that's your problem.

Back