How to Acquire a NEW Generation Card Step by Step GUIDE!!

stockdrops server members: 82,274
stockdrops confirmed purchased: ~4871
Months active : about 2

At this rate, approx 2,500 ppl per month success clip, it will only take 32 more months (or 2 years 8 months) for everyone to get an item they are looking for, unless of course more people join, in which case it will actually take considerably longer :p

Man, so much work just to get a video card? :eek:. By the way, the "StockDrops" Linky invite does not work for me (expired maybe?) For the busy person like me, I can easily see myself paying $200 for someone to do this for me. I mean, what other choice do I have?

Thanks for posting still.

Man, so much work just to get a video card? :eek:. By the way, the "StockDrops" Linky invite does not work for me (expired maybe?) For the busy person like me, I can easily see myself paying $200 for someone to do this for me. I mean, what other choice do I have?

Thanks for posting still.
I'll update the invite link you can also find it on Discord just search "StockDrops" https://discord.gg/hpJV2aNa

is this real. some people really dont understand opportunity loss. maybe if i was still ***** 12 years old sure

No way I'm doing all that. I value my time. I will wait until Spring when I can easily get one online. If I cannot, then oh well. It's a toy. I can wait.
I have been frustrated enough trying to get my son a PS5. I will get by with my mediocre PC until I can simply add whatever I want to a cart and just place an order for everything.

I don't have time to watch for alerts and tweets all day. People work and have kids.

I have been frustrated enough trying to get my son a PS5. I will get by with my mediocre PC until I can simply add whatever I want to a cart and just place an order for everything.

I don't have time to watch for alerts and tweets all day. People work and have kids.
If you subscribe to the Discord channels they also do PS5 (which are super easy to get) and they will notify you. You don't have to do anything but just be sitting at your computer and the alert comes in you hit the link and add to cart. The Video Cards are not easy the PS5 and Xbox are easy. In all fairness it's hardly any work but I guess it depends on the apathy. If you want a PS5 subscribe to Stonks they are live most days and you can get them any day of the week.

I also have gotten multiple PS5’s and series X’s for family members, still zero luck on a graphics card but thats also because canadian stock has been even worse then the US

If you subscribe to the Discord channels they also do PS5 (which are super easy to get) and they will notify you. You don't have to do anything but just be sitting at your computer and the alert comes in you hit the link and add to cart. The Video Cards are not easy the PS5 and Xbox are easy. In all fairness it's hardly any work but I guess it depends on the apathy. If you want a PS5 subscribe to Stonks they are live most days and you can get them any day of the week.
But you have to be at the computer when stock comes in to quickly attempt to order one right? I have a few hours on week nights for that to happen. From watching nowinstock, just about all of the drops are when I am not available.

The links for channels in the first post are all "invite invalid".

I joined all of these groups. I have not used Discord before. Trying to figure out PS5 notifications for now. How do I know if clicking on an emoji for different things did anything in these channels?
at stock alerts, click on alert signup, then click the icon you want to be alerted for. Look right below that, "notifications" to se if it worked

https://discord.gg/ssMrEkkW

I appreciate the information being shared here, but it's unrealistic to think that folks with jobs + kids have that kind of time to sit at a computer or watch their phone and jump on the possibility that they can outwork a bot.

I think the long-term effects on the markets for these items is really bad, but unfortunately it's gonna be hard to get sites like eBay to clamp down on scalpers since I'm sure they're making a hefty profit on them. It's almost like release date will translate into release date + 1 year for the average consumer.

I think the long-term effects on the markets for these items is really bad, but unfortunately it's gonna be hard to get sites like eBay to clamp down on scalpers since I'm sure they're making a hefty profit on them. It's almost like release date will translate into release date + 1 year for the average consumer.

Maybe for GPU's but for consoles the manufacturers don't make a ton of money on them and need to sell games to make a profit, why buy games if you have no console to play them on, not like the scalpers are going to play the games, even the people who buy from scalpers will I assume to some degree buy less games due to the high amount spent on the console leaving them less money for games, sure the big releases may still sell good, but the rest of the market might take a hit.

Reactions: Wilo
like this
Sadly this is the world we find ourselves in. Scrambling to outwit bots to buy new hardware. As pathetic as it is, it is our new reality until someone finds a way to defeat them.

Until then Jimmmy is doing us all a solid. Hopefully a few more people beat the rotten sobs to a card or two because of his efforts!

hey @everyone been a pretty huge newsday for GPUs by now your aware that the ASUS MSRP increased

I can now confirm that

ASUS
GIGABYTE
PNY
ZOTAC
and MSI have now increased their prices

This is due to a tarrif in the US that GPUs were excluded from. this has now ended, you can find out more here
https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...-process-and-technical-amendments-chinas-acts

I was wondering why a "$729" Zotac card was now $859 direct from their store. FUCK THAT.

Well thanks to your info I was able to buy a Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC from Bestbuy. Hopefully my order doesn't get cancelled!.

I've probably clicked 30+ links to always get told its not available. Best Buy's queue + login confirmation saved it for me.

Finally some success stories BestBuy was a huge drop if you were on Discord I imagine you got a card today for a good price. I bet we see some 2080 and 2070 cards come up for sale lol. Cheers to everyone that got a card today I hope this thread has been helpful.

I already got a 3080, but wanted a secondary for another machine. I got lucky and enrolled in the BestBuy spend $50, get $50 off (2 times) via Amex card and then grabbed a 3060TI for $399, but got $100 off via the Amex deal...I am stoked and this wasnt even planned.

Can we have updated Discord URLs for the above channels? Just tried all the above invites, and none worked except for Nvidia. Thanks for the helpful info!

Dis anyone grab an AMD card today when AMD dropped today? I missed it.

No way I'm doing all that. I value my time. I will wait until Spring when I can easily get one online. If I cannot, then oh well. It's a toy. I can wait.

No doubt. I can't believe it's come to this level of BS. There is a myriad of things I could be doing more valuable with my time than setting this up and camping at my monitor for toys. Read a book, spend time with family, learn a language, lift something heavy repeatedly, play an old classic on your back-up GPU.

That said, good on OP for spreading this KB.

Getting a GPU in Canada: Go to store; if in stock, purchase, if not in stock, put deposit wait for call saying it is in (avg time 2-3 weeks).

Optional: if anything but a 3080, order online from canadian retailer who may have it in stock in warehouse

Back