How to Acquire a NEW Generation Card Step by Step GUIDE!!

Jimmmy

Gawd
I figured instead of bitching about scalpers I would attempt to contribute to their demise (I hope). So here we go. I'm not going to lie this is going to be a bit long and detailed but I have had success following it so far today alone I have bought an MSI 6900XT from Newegg AND an AMD 5600X from Amazon. I hope that anyone that has success PLEASE CONTRIBUTE!

First and foremost you need to get on Discord like right now just Download and start familiarizing yourself with it you CANNOT get the New Gen stuff without it. Create an account and get it ready to roll. This is your new best friend for acquiring items.
Here is the link: https://discord.com/

NOW that you have Discord you have to add some channels and the first channel I have on my Discord is called "StockDrops" Linky: https://discord.com/invite/stockdrops Go to the rules and Info and READ IT then follow the guide and ADD notifications for the items you are interested in I personally have rtx3080-stock, rtx3090-stock and r6000-stock. i.e. the first pic
StockDrops.PNG

Now you need to ADD 3 more Channels IMHO to make sure you have full coverage of everything you are looking for i.e. Xbox Series X, PS5, AMD Processors (New Gen) and all the current generation VIDEO CARDS...
Those Channels are as follows:
Discord:
"ATR-Stonks" (probably the best channel for everything) Linky: https://discord.gg/spQGY7Ed
"StockDrops_DataLover" Have to add manually.
"Nvidia" Great community of people trying to get cards and lots of info on how to score just ask them. Linky: https://discord.gg/nvidia
"BroBot" Now on Discord Linky: https://discord.gg/RaY8DjRh
Subscribe to all of them and leave them open when you have your computer on even while playing games or what not. Discord will make a noise to let you know something has dropped the link shows up click the link and make sure you ARE SIGNED IN to the various sites i.e. Newegg, BestBuy, Amazon, Asus-Store, etc. Very Important that you are signed into the sites so you can check out QUICKLY! This will probably get you a card through out the day if you are on top of it. Discord will get you something if you are opened minded to the various options. A 3070 is harder to grab than most cards because it is cheaper etc. (This is just an example I don't know if 3070's are harder to get). I also put Discord the App on my phone and anytime it hits I can just immediately hit the alert and it takes me right to the item and all I have to do is ADD TO CART.
example:
Alert.PNG

Now that we have Discord set up it gets a bit easier IMO. The next order of business is you need to get on Twitter. Otherwise you are NEVER going to know when the BIG drops are coming and subscribe to NewEgg, Bestbuy, Asus, etc. Here is why, this is an example of the Newegg Tweet tonight:
Newegg Tweet.PNG
This is how I scored a 6900XT tonight! I want to tell you that the Newegg drop was crazy and I learned a few things that I want to share with you. First of all for Newegg you want to create a "WishList" on Newegg and you can make multiple types I have one for "3080" I add ALL the 3080's that I like and I have one for RX 3090's, 6900 XT's etc. Then once you realize they are dropping items that night there are a few things you can do to prepare for the drop. First of all you know what time it's coming so you can prepare get your wish list ready and the best way I have heard is to be on the computer and F5 right at the top of the hour and then hit add to cart for whatever items are available and in your wishlist. Have your cart already opened on the App on your phone. Then when you cart IMMEDIATELY check out on YOUR PHONE APP with APPLEPAY or PAYPAL. ApplePay is the best way for sure. Guys swear by the WishList cart on computer, check out on phone (with ApplePay) method. In addition (and you may not like it), but it beats paying some asshole scalper you need to buy the combos from Newegg. This is a pretty consistent way to get an item. It sucks but it beats paying a Scalper and at least you get something out of it. I paid 1079.99 for my card tonight in a Combo and then 66.18 for some shitty memory that I don't want lol.. But whatever. Gladly paid 1248.00 for memory and a 6900XT.

Moving on I have had some luck carting but not checking out with using the App called Telegram and subscribing to the program called "Brobot RTX 3080 Stock" Here is the link https://t.me/brobot_users
As far as I can tell it seems only to use the Asus website but I had lots of chances to check out today just never punched one through. I have heard that once you cart the item let it roll don't refresh a white screen ever. Asus will ban your IP really quickly so cart and then just wait it out. Their site sucks but they have great cards for a reasonable price.

There is also the EVGA Website which is really cool because any card that you might want as long as it has an "Auto Notify" button on it will put you in a cue that once your number comes up they will email you and you get 8 hours to make the purchase. The deal is you only get one so make it count. You must register with EVGA in order to get set up with Auto Notify.

I want to talk about MicroCenter for a minute as well. I went there today and talked to a few guys and it wasn't great news but I will share it with you. I asked the kid that was helping me if he could help me find a new card and he said NO flat out lol. I'm like "really bro"? He said that basically if a truck hasn't come in that morning they reserve all the cards for the next morning. Then they hand out vouchers the next morning for the cards they have and if there isn't enough people to cover the cards then they will sell the normal public a card midday. I have no idea if that is true but that is what he said. I did see multiple people last Friday walking out with brand new 6800 xt's and 6900 xt's like 3PM PST as I am in Orange County, CA.

A few other sites that I haven't had much luck with are https://www.hotstock.io/us and this youtube channel

Okay that's all I got but good luck and happy hunting! I hope this helps I know it worked for me. I'm not done yet but anything I can do to help our community without ripping them off is my contribution.

If the invite links don't work just chime in on chat and I'll update it.

Last edited:
Nothing online has worked for me. For weeks I've tried Discord, Distill, Refresh & Monitor, Auto Refresh Plus, Uptime Robot, etc. as well as getting on multiple "Auto Notify" queues with different mainstream vendors... that and also randomly searching/hunting for any leads whenever I had the time. After numerous false alerts, false starts and lots of "placing item in cart" only to watch it "disappear" when checking out, I was about to just give up and throw in the towel in frustration.

What has worked for me though is MicroCenter, so I'll fill in that option here... First off, if you don't live near one, than you are out of luck on this option, sorry! Luckily, I live near one that's just a 20 minute drive from my house (Minneapolis, MN). What has worked for me is going there 4-5 hours before store opening and getting in line. Going that early has typically gotten me around 5th to 7th in line. Everyone brings their own camping or folding chair and gets in line, following social distancing rules and wearing masks. (If it gets really cold, you leave your chair in place and sit in your car to keep warm while waiting). The store manager typically comes through about 30-45 minutes before the store opens and hands out vouchers to those in line - you get to pick either a CPU, a GPU or both from whatever stock has rolled in with the day's resupply. (Limited to one CPU and one GPU per person, first come/first serve.) Yes, it sucks to take the time to get there before 5am and hang out till 9am, but it has worked for me. The store manager also informed me to skip Tuesdays as they don't get any real deliveries in on that day. Anyway, it took me three attempts. I was looking for a new Ryzen 5xxx series and a 3090. First attempt, did not score a CPU, but did score a Strix RTX 3090. 2nd attempt - there was no new stock that day of AMD CPUs, so I left empty handed. 3rd attempt, still no CPU, but then I decided to go ahead and buy a EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra via voucher, which I then used to trade here on the forum for a new/sealed 5900x + the difference in MSRP via PayPal.

My advice - if you live anywhere near a MicroCenter and can spend a couple mornings sitting on a camp chair in line, it is a pretty reliable way of scoring a new CPU and/or GPU. MicroCenter gets stock regularly (typically at least 3-4 times a week), but of course they typically sell out to those having waited in line for vouchers, so getting anything there during normal business hours can be very hit or miss. You can also just buy a high demand item and then use it to trade for what you want. Anyway, just wanted to provide the method I used to score a new GPU and CPU. Your mileage may vary of course and each store may handle things a little differently, but for me at least this has worked.

Best Buy is a little different. App notifications may work even better on BestBuy.com than they do on other sites since they ought to be able to tell you when something is about to go on sale rather than notifying you when it goes on sale. Basically when BestBuy is getting ready to release stock the buy button comes up on the search page, but when you open up the item detail the purchase button is grayed out and you get this message that they're going to release stock in a few minutes. So basically you just sit there staring at your screen until the button turns yellow, then click as fast as you can. Large or multiple screens help since you can watch multiple products. Also be sure you have a login and are logged in when trying to buy a vid card. You must be logged in to buy a "hot" product on BestBuy.com. I'm not sure using a phone app would help (unless it's a bot). Once I got to the checkout payment page it seemed like it was locked in at least for long enough to punch in my credit card info manually. Also, using notification apps for NV cards may not be necessary on AMD launch days. BestBuy had a lot of NV stuff on 6900XT launch day and were releasing it after amd.com sold out. What, you don't think NV would try to shit on an AMD launch by releasing a bunch of product? Of course they would! From what I've read BestBuy likes to let stock trickle out slowly rather than having a mad rush at 9am EST. At any rate the BestBuy setup worked out for me. I landed a 3090 for store pickup on BestBuy.com on 6900XT launch day around 10am. They also had a bunch of other NV cards. 3080s, 3070s, 3060Tis. I tried to buy a couple 3080s but wasn't quite quick enough when the button turned yellow. I didn't try for the 3070s or 3060Tis.

So I'm like, "gee these guys must be in an awful hurry to get something." What if you are willing to wait for that EVGA notification? Maybe it's a month off, maybe a bit more. And what if you have work to do, such that you have to stay focused on that work? And if you don't live near a Micro Center?

Me, I don't live near a Microcenter, and I do have work to do that I need to focus on.

So I'm like, "gee these guys must be in an awful hurry to get something." What if you are willing to wait for that EVGA notification? Maybe it's a month off, maybe a bit more. And what if you have work to do, such that you have to stay focused on that work? And if you don't live near a Micro Center?

Me, I don't live near a Microcenter, and I do have work to do that I need to focus on.
You're in the same boat I am. I'm just going to wait until I can log into [site that sells GPUs] and scroll around until I find something I want; not what is available. I'm guessing March, but who knows. I can't be bothered with setting up alerts and whatnot waiting to mash F5 until something comes up. Hell with that.

Just don't buy from scalpers is all it's about guys. If you "have" to have a card then this is about the only way. I will say I went to Microcenter this morning in Tustin, CA it was so terribly unorganized they just let everyone run up and grab vouchers instead of giving them to the people waiting in the line I don't or can't suggest MC in SoCal.

Today I basically randomly stumbled onto a new GPU at BB. Failed on a ref 6900 XT twice and then a 3090 FE which Add to Cart never added anything to cart. 4th time, EVGA 3090 EC3 Ultra for shits and grins, I scored -> had to pinch myself thinking maybe I was in a bad dream or something. I don't think I wasted too much time in the last month trying to get a card, more random and at times that seemed more likely.

The script running in the video you linked is called streetmerchant.

https://github.com/jef/streetmerchant

It's not too hard to get up and running. You can customize it to scan only the stores and models you're interested in, and set maximum price thresholds.

jfc. what a nightmare. I appreciate the contribution of "how to's", but as others have said, despite really wanting a 30xx series, screw this. Ill just wait until its a standard purchase process. I mean, wtf. 3 mos post launch, still having to play hax0rz to get product? screw em

Hey guys I’m going to elaborate on the guide but basically Newegg drops are every evening between 4:00pm and 5pm PST in half hour increments. I have gotten a card on 2 out of 3 drops a 6900xt both times (the only card I really wanted). I have also picked up an EVGA 3080 FTW3 just walking into MicroCenter around noon asking if they got a truck and if they are going to sell the stock. I have all my cards for my 3 computers and I’m done. It has actually gotten pretty easy just needed to get familiar with the process. Again for Newegg nothing beats the wishlist and add to cart after f5.

I'm ready to give up on this generation of cards.
The sales guys at Micro Center said today that likely April would be a time when both are widely available.
Why wait that damn long and not wait another couple months for RDNA3 or Nvidia's Ti versions ?? Both due out 2021.
I might as well wait, there's only 2 dozen games that support ray tracing anyway.
By the time April comes, I and many others will have lost ALL interest in these cards.

You can get cards but a positive attitude and a little work is all it takes. Im not sure what else I can do to help because in all honesty a lot of the comments are so negative and deflating and I just keep reporting about successful purchases. Anyway Merry Christmas.

I joined the discord channels not too long ago and followed the RTX bot on Twitter. So far I haven't had any luck getting a card but the more notifications you get the higher your chances are. The Newegg wish-list method is new to me so I'll give it a try.

The way I see it at this point is that I'll either get a card eventually or simply lose interest and quit caring anyway.

I just added BroBot because they now have a Discord Channel. I also added invites for all the Discord channels in the thread itself. I'm not personally looking for cards anymore but I am helping guys get cards in the Nvidia Chat and we had 2 guys get cards yesterday alone. Albeit Microcenter purchases. If you have a MicroCenter near you you can probably get a card. Newegg Wishlist works and BestBuy on Tuesday mornings when they drop.

https://discord.gg/KWUkmdhc

Last edited:
I just added BroBot because they now have a Discord Channel. I also added invites for all the Discord channels in the thread itself. I'm not personally looking for cards anymore but I am helping guys get cards in the Nvidia Chat and we had 2 guys get cards yesterday alone. Albeit Microcenter purchases. If you have a MicroCenter near you you can probably get a card. Newegg Wishlist works and BestBuy on Tuesday mornings when they drop.

https://discord.gg/KWUkmdhc

My MC is legit showing over 30 RTX 3090 (all differnt brands) on their website, I don't know if that's a glitch, but I'm gonna check tomorrow morning.

One ebay scalper in the next down has the following listed, they haven't been selling and his prices are creeping downward slowly.

1x 3090 Strix
2x 3090FTW3 Ultra
2x 3090 Tuf Gaming
2x 3090 MSI Gaming X Trio
2x PNY 3090 XLR8

1x Zotac Gaming 3080 Halo Gaming

1x MSI 3070 Ventus 3x
1x Gigabyte 3070 gaming oc

1x Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc
1x Asus 3060 ti dual oc

1x Gigabyte RX 6800

One ebay scalper in the next down has the following listed, they haven't been selling and his prices are creeping downward slowly.

1x 3090 Strix
2x 3090FTW3 Ultra
2x 3090 Tuf Gaming
2x 3090 MSI Gaming X Trio
2x PNY 3090 XLR8

1x Zotac Gaming 3080 Halo Gaming

1x MSI 3070 Ventus 3x
1x Gigabyte 3070 gaming oc

1x Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc
1x Asus 3060 ti dual oc

1x Gigabyte RX 6800
Hope he has to eat them

The sales guys at Micro Center said today that likely April would be a time when both are widely available.
Why wait that damn long and not wait another couple months for RDNA3 or Nvidia's Ti versions ?? Both due out 2021.
I might as well wait, there's only 2 dozen games that support ray tracing anyway.
By the time April comes, I and many others will have lost ALL interest in these cards.
No, they aren't coming in 2021... It's only been 3 months since launch on the 3080. It is not impossible to get one just hard (referring to 3080, the AMD parts are virtually nonexistent).

My MC is legit showing over 30 RTX 3090 (all differnt brands) on their website, I don't know if that's a glitch, but I'm gonna check tomorrow morning.
Did you end up going to your MicroCenter? Did they have any 3090’s. I imagine this card is going to be overstock soon and prices are going to crash a bit on this card. The discord channels announce 3090’s all day.

What's up with those Discord channels demanding my cell phone number. Like no... I don't need more car warranty or marriot hotel telemarketing...
Protects the server from alot of unwanted stuff like multi accounts, bot accounts, etc. Keeps people honest. The alert server im in requires 2FA.

Anyone have any suggestions for getting one in canada, i have the newegg wishlists setup but no luck at all.

stock seems to be even worse up here

And then you’ll be waiting another year trying to get Nvidia’s or AMD’s 2021 cards. That strategy is likely to fail. You’ll have to buy later than you wish in any case, the way market practices are doing.
Personally, once the 3060 is released I’ll register with EVGA’s auto notify and wait for that email, as it guarantees that a card will be held for me for several hours, enabling me to buy it. It’s the only vendor I’ve seen to do a queue system and respect customers’ time, and I plan to reward that with my wallet. F*** everyone else who wants me to sit in front of my Pc refreshing constantly for weeks to maybe hopefully beat a bot to getting a gpu.

Did you end up going to your MicroCenter? Did they have any 3090’s. I imagine this card is going to be overstock soon and prices are going to crash a bit on this card. The discord channels announce 3090’s all day.

Yup I did. Went around 10am and there was a small line at the VC section, that grew much longer like 15min later, so I just made it. They did have 4 Asus ROG Strix 3090, but of course those sold out. But they did have A LOT of the MSI Gaming X Trio and I did pick one of those up.

You can get cards but a positive attitude and a little work is all it takes. Im not sure what else I can do to help because in all honesty a lot of the comments are so negative and deflating and I just keep reporting about successful purchases. Anyway Merry Christmas.
That's not actually true. I've been searching for a card since september 2+ hours daily, using every possible means available: discords, twitch alerts, youtube alerts, ect. I have yet to get one into my cart to ship.

The only way to have a guarantee buy one is at scalped prices for around 80%-100% of msrp. I appreciate your wishful thinking but that's all it is. Occasionally someone hits the lottery and is able to secure one from an online vendor, but for 99% of the potential buyers, this has been a demoralizing experience.

I put myself in the evga cue sometime in November, due to me not having an account with them to join it when I first heard about it. I figured at least I'll get access to one sometime next year if nothing else comes through, even if it takes a few quarters.

By the time these cards will be easy to get online, my interest will be ice cold at best.
I've installed all the tracking crap and camped out online for 3 weeks. Went to MC 3 times.
Luke warm interest now.

You guys are doin it all wrong.

Im still working on remodeling our bathroom but ill be hittin up our man Jimmmy when im done. Fuck trying to camp out in front of my monitor and mc is to far away to go camping. Im hiring the pro if he will take the job!!!!

And then you’ll be waiting another year trying to get Nvidia’s or AMD’s 2021 cards. That strategy is likely to fail. You’ll have to buy later than you wish in any case, the way market practices are doing.
Personally, once the 3060 is released I’ll register with EVGA’s auto notify and wait for that email, as it guarantees that a card will be held for me for several hours, enabling me to buy it. It’s the only vendor I’ve seen to do a queue system and respect customers’ time, and I plan to reward that with my wallet. F*** everyone else who wants me to sit in front of my Pc refreshing constantly for weeks to maybe hopefully beat a bot to getting a gpu.
+1, no, +2.

B&H has been dropping 3070's most of the day albeit Zotac and PNY but there have been a couple MSI cards and Asus a lot of guys got them off of StockDrops Discord notifications. I actually picked up a 3070 MSI Trio after I posted this. So you can get cards with this method I wasn’t even trying lol. Card is for a friend.

Last edited:
Man I think these 3090's are such a bad buy I'm starting to see all these guys on the forums trying to sell these cards for like 2200 and none of them are moving.

Back