How sturdy are motherboards?

QKSILVR73

Limp Gawd
Well anyways that's my question. I bought a brand new Asus Maximus off a private seller from Ebay. Well when he shipped it he didn't pack the box inside another box. Outside edge was a little mashed. And the copper fins on the one edge of the board were bent. I didn't notice any cracks on the board itself. Hopefully it was dropped on that corner and just the fins were bent. GRRR

Sorry just had to vent. I can't test it cause I don't have a proc or memory yet to test it with to see if it posts. Cause I ma waiting for a Penn.

:mad:

They are tougher than you might think but I would chew that guy out big time for not packing it right and if you cannot test it you better make sure you have a recourse if it does not work later.

Yep, give feedback stating how badly he packaged it if you can as this will help others not make the same mistake.

I had similar from a guy on ebay, he shipped a CPU in an envelope with sellotape over the core and some foam on the pins, that was it !!
Luckily it worked so he didnt get a bad feedback rating but I did comment on what he did.

i drop motherboards and cpu's on a daily basis... (at my job)

i have never had a good board fail after i drop it, and same with CPU (unless the pins get bent to where i cant fix them)

this is on a concrete floor from at least 4 feet up.

it should be aight.

i have never had a good board fail after i drop it, and same with CPU (unless the pins get bent to where i cant fix them)

it should be aight.

I'm never ever buying anything from where you work. :eek: ;)

it should be aight.

I am honestly at a complete loss for words, where do you even start with something so fucked up ?

/walks away mumbling to himself an waving arms in air.

Note: This is not intended as a personal attack on the poster, I drop stuff too, occasionally. But dear God in Heaven, you would think a scrap of carpet, a couple of rubber door mats, if not for the product at least easier on your feet, for the love of baby Jesus cut up some cardboard boxes and lay them on the damn floor, ANYTHING !!!!

To the OP, demand a refund and send it back properly packaged. Take a picture of the damage first. At least get a firm in writing commitment to refund if it does not work. Raise hell.

Back