How starved of circulation would I be with the Antec Designer 500?

khanis

Limp Gawd
About to order the case to move from my Shuttle with the components in my sig.. Will I be fine in terms of cooling or should I add 2 92mm fans in the front?

About to order the case to move from my Shuttle with the components in my sig.. Will I be fine in terms of cooling or should I add 2 92mm fans in the front?

I have an Antec Solo Plus 550 (same case, different color and PSU), and the hard drives get pretty hot without the 92mm fans in front.

I ended up adding 2 92mm fans up front, 2 more 80mm fans (zip tied to the 5.25 bay) to push cool air to the CPU HSF. My video card is huge (4870) and was basically dividing my case into 2 sections. The top part wasn't really getting any air, until I added the other fans. It's all controlled by a zalman fan controller, so it's whisper quiet :). If I had a smaller video card, I could've just gotten by with the 2 lower intake fans.

I love the case though, it's compact, stylish, and very quiet acoustics (has built in acoustic padding!).

I have owned several Antec cases and I end up cutting out the fan grills (with dremel or nibblers, etc) to get better airflow and make them quieter. The front always covers up the hole anyway so I dont spend much time making it pretty. It really helps, they restrict airflow a lot.

Also, even though I love Antec cases (especially with the power supply, great value) their fans... not so much. If your adding fans to the case might just want to switch them all out with some yates loon or panflos or something similar.

I have an Antec Solo Plus 550 (same case, different color and PSU), and the hard drives get pretty hot without the 92mm fans in front.

I ended up adding 2 92mm fans up front, 2 more 80mm fans (zip tied to the 5.25 bay) to push cool air to the CPU HSF. My video card is huge (4870) and was basically dividing my case into 2 sections. The top part wasn't really getting any air, until I added the other fans. It's all controlled by a zalman fan controller, so it's whisper quiet :). If I had a smaller video card, I could've just gotten by with the 2 lower intake fans.

I love the case though, it's compact, stylish, and very quiet acoustics (has built in acoustic padding!).

How did you mount those 2 92mm fans? Zip Ties?

Regular fan screws should work. If you don't have any lying around, and if your fans didn't come with any, then you should be able to find them at newegg.

Yeah, I salvaged an old fan from an old computer.
Found some screws eventually.

Back