How should I name my iTunes and blu ray collection ?

Discussion in 'Home Theater PCs & Equipment' started by ng4ever, Jul 14, 2018.

1. ng4ever

ng4ever Flaccid 4Evar

You Are Not Alone (Du er ikke alene) 1978

You Are Not Alone (Du er ikke alene) (1978)

You Are Not Alone (1978)

or someway else ?

Thank you!

2. kirbyrj

kirbyrj Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?

Option #3 if you're actually going to keep a copy of that POS movie. If you want the foreign title, I'd put [Brackets] around it. Some scrapers ignore the brackets and look for the years in parenthesis. Helpful if you want additional info (encoding info, etc.).

3. westrock2000

westrock2000 [H]ardForum Junkie

If it's one of the few foreign films you have, then what I do is genre it as Foreign. Considering this is a homosexual romance movie and other english movie with this name is a suspense film, the genre tags should be enough to differentiate them (Romance/Drama/LGBT vs Suspense). I only put the year in the title name if there is a possibility of a duplicate, other wise the Year field would be 1978. Like for example The Avengers (1998) and The Avengers (2012) are both science fiction movies, so I have to put the years in brackets. Or Godzilla (1998) and Godzilla (2014), same issue.

The other perspective is, call it what you call it. I have Das Boot as Das Boot, because that is what I call that movie. I don't call it The Boat. But likewise I have Downfall as Downfall and not Der Untergang. Since I was introduced to it as Downfall.