How OCable is the LG 27EA83R-D?

geok1ng

2[H]4U
LG 27EA83R-D

This IPS 1440p 27" cost in brazil as much as a Korean 27", but i can't find info on how OCable is the LG.

Will it do 75hz? 96Hz? 120Hz?

All of the properly tested multi-input 2560x1440 monitor have dropped frames once overclocked

LG's own 2560x1440 monitors are also some of the worst available

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039914141&postcount=69

Do you have experience with overclocking this exact monitor or a site that has "properly tested" it?

What leads you to the conclusion that LG's 1440's are "some of the worst available"? From what I have gleaned on this and other forums the owners of these are extremely happy with them apart from a BLB issue for one owner and unfortunately that seems to be a problem for most all in this category. Some more than others.

I am looking for a 27" 1440 right now and would like to see reviews by sites or individuals that own this monitor as I have a hard time taking it off my short list when the few posts from users I have seen seem to really like it.

Not sure why you have such a vendetta against the LG's but blanket statements such as you are making are not helpful to those of us trying to make a buying decision.

Agree with NCX on the LGs, overpriced crap and an unbelievably low PWM frequency of 130 Hz!

Recently tried the Acer B276HUL, appears pretty decent in terms of uniformity and BLB, however the earlier batches seems to have a few dead pixels on the left (was still very inclined to keep it) so waiting for a later revision.

Agree with NCX on the LGs, overpriced crap and an unbelievably low PWM frequency of 130 Hz!

Recently tried the Acer B276HUL, appears pretty decent in terms of uniformity and BLB, however the earlier batches seems to have a few dead pixels on the left (was still very inclined to keep it) so waiting for a later revision.

Depends on what you are doing with them, the pros here think the high end LGs are the best performers of anything under $1000 and Acers are crap... but what do the know?

Customer service not so good

Dell has great customer service, but you will need it as typically you go through 3 before you find one thats good enough.

Geeks and Gamers may have a different POV, however.

Do you have experience with overclocking this exact monitor or a site that has "properly tested" it?

What leads you to the conclusion that LG's 1440's are "some of the worst available"? From what I have gleaned on this and other forums the owners of these are extremely happy with them apart from a BLB issue for one owner and unfortunately that seems to be a problem for most all in this category. Some more than others..

All frame skipping tests have been performed by forum users since reviewers never overclock. This exact model (standard gamut version) has not been tested but every other multi-input monitor properly tested has dropped frames once overclocked.

The wide gamut LG 27EA83D has 2 variants, one with super high input lag and one with none, it has an insulting low LED PWM Dimming frequency & useless sRGB & Adobe RGB modes which have mediocre color quality & black levels. The wide gamut version is fine for work in color managed programs when using the default color mode.

It's very likely that 2 versions of the R version also exist since LG only decided to update their panels once the first review of the 27EA83D by Playerwares came out.

LG hasn't sent out any of the standard gamut versions to reviewers which should tell you something...

Last edited:
In other worlds, this panel costs in brazil just as much as the cheap koreans because LG cant find any other market that would buy that crap?! that makes sense.

Back