How NVIDIA Quadro Powered Gone Girl’s Pioneering 6K Video

HardOCP News

[H] News
To bring to life this complex tale of a marriage gone terribly wrong, Fincher built an innovative production pipeline powered by NVIDIA’s next-gen Quadro GPUs. Gone Girl is the first movie shot entirely in 6K – giving it the most advanced technical workflow of any feature to date. It’s also the first fully edited in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, which extended the filmmakers’ flexibility throughout the post-production process. The filmmakers used NVIDIA’s Quadro K5200 GPUs for all stages of production. This enabled fast conversion between formats – from 6K acquisition to 2.5K for the creative edit – for a streamlined review process for Gone Girl’s shoot, editorial and visual effects (VFX) teams on custom-designed HP Z820 workstations.

They could have harnessed more horsepower using gaming cards for a fraction of what it cost them to get those GPUs.

The last time (2013? 2012?) I tried using the "GPU" option in handbrake the results looked like ass.

Screw it, I'm just going to hold off on buying a new TV until the 24K sets are available. Shit's ridiculous.

Didn't look interesting enough to spend money on, so figured would check a cam and if it was good buy the blu-ray like I do everything else.

Spent longer downloading than actually watching. I pity anyone who wastes money on this..unless they are a chick, they will probably like this. I mean shit, look how well twilight did.

Didn't look interesting enough to spend money on, so figured would check a cam and if it was good buy the blu-ray like I do everything else.

Spent longer downloading than actually watching. I pity anyone who wastes money on this..unless they are a chick, they will probably like this. I mean shit, look how well twilight did.

Twilight did well because it appealed to a very big audience and was actually a fun movie to watch. Being all grumpy-face about it just proves your taste in movies is awful.

Twilight did well because it appealed to a very big audience and was actually a fun movie to watch. Being all grumpy-face about it just proves your taste in movies is awful.

Harry Potter were fun movies to watch. Twilight does not appeal to any male unless they are trying to get laid.

I didn't really like the Harry Potter movies. They were pretty mind-numbing if you were looking for a really good plot with a lot of depth and thought. But really, isn't there some other reason to do things aside from improving your prospects for doing revolting intercourse-related things with the nearest uninterested 3rd party?

Back