How Not To Buy An iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardOCP News

[H] News
Oddly enough, this "fake iPad bought at a gas station " story does not involve Craigslist. It does however have great stuff like: A mirror with duct tape on it. A lady wearing glasses with no lenses. A shady guy "in a hurry" selling $800 iPads for $200 (seems legit). :rolleyes:

I probably wouldn't even have posted this if it wasn't for the hilariously fake duct taped iPad and those damned glasses! :D

Wow.

Never hand the money over first.

It's her own damn fault for being taken on this one. Sorry Bout Cha!!!

Stupid people will be stupid

gPQZJ.gif

Even if it were real you deserve whatever you got because there is no way it wasn't stolen.

We had guys selling fake LCD TV's when the switch from analog to digital was close. They sold a truck load of them before being discovered. Of course by the time they were discovered they were already gone.

So you mean --- the shifty-looking man who sells apple iPads from underneath his granny-smith apple stand, when no one is looking, can't be trusted?

I probably wouldn't even have posted this if it wasn't for the hilariously fake duct taped iPad and those damned glasses! :D

dude

you do not have to explain yourself to us

Love the "look"!

But anyway, some people are just meant to be that stupid.

I'd ask, "When will people learn?" but that is a silly question since as we know, "There's a sucker born every minute".
And yeah seriously what the heck is up with those glasses, if she thinks they are making her look smart they have failed about as badly as her decision to go with buying that iMirror. And hiding your identity with a pair of fake glasses only works for Superman. :cool:

Id be more embarassed being on the news for being a flipping idiot. Some people are so dumb they deserve to be ripped off. "Like OMG, im so buying this $800 ipad for $200 at a gas station without checking it out first!, like totally cool!"

man if i was that stupid i wouldnt go admititng it to the whole world. id throw that thing in the trash immediately and pretend it never happened!

And what part of this transaction didn't seem like she was intending to buy stolen goods ? 75% off apple products happens... never.

it's just apple's new face recognition technology, you always see yourself when you look into an ipad

hahahahahahaha

The first thing I noticed was those lense-less glasses that some basketball players like lebron james wear to make themselves look 10x smarter than they really are.

Nope. The glasses don't help, sista.

You're still a fucking dumbass

When I was 17 in Jersey, I got asked to buy speakers in a parking lot from white van. Speakers were huge and I was showed an invoice. Yeah...seems legit. 20 years later, I saw the same thing over again. Guys in a white van trying to sell speakers in a parking lot... I said out loud "they're still running that same scam, huh?"

"What scam!??!" I love how people get offended when they called out on a con. Like it's an insult to their good character.

So.........

First, why go to the TV station with a story that makes you look 100% stupid.

Second, this is newsworthy? Happens about every 10 minutes on the street of every major city in the US in some fashion.

Third, a guy at a gas station, really?

Geezus.......and you need a license to go fishing........but you just k'aint fix stupid.

Those are probably glasses that she bough off the same guy when he told her, "You'll never have to clean the lenses." ;)

The lenses are so light and clear, you won't even notice them! Oh wait... :p

How can you grow up in this world and not realize EVERYTHING has a value.

If someone is offering to sell something @ 75% off, wouldn't you at least ask the
question WHY.

Nope, you'd scoop it up cause you're a dumbass.

This woman deserves everything she got for being an idiot. She didn't get scammed
she got greedy.

I like how she says, "when you turn it on the back, it actually looks like an apple iPad."

Oh yes, the duck tape packaging of the Apple iPad. I see that in stores all the time. I've seen that in most consumer packaging and in unboxing videos of all kinds of high end consumer electronics. It does "actually look like an apple iPad," the one with the duck tape back and hand drawn apple logo in magic marker.

And, yeah, as someone else said, there is no way someone would sell an $800 iPad for $200, unless it was stolen! In either case you are supporting crooks.

I was at a gas station once, they tried selling me a laptop for 250 bucks. I said what tipe and they said the top of the line mac. I said let me see it, they brought out a box. When I tried to open it they say hey wait, Im like what they say you will break the seal. I said I want to make sure your not selling me a brick you will get your money once I make sure its real, they looked at each other and left with the package.

heh

Wait she can drop 200 bucks on a fake ipad but can't by damn plastic lenses for her fake glasses .

consumer report saying that buying things at reduced price off the back of a truck usually means it's stolen or fake. I guess they were hoping for stolen.

So if a guy approaches to 12yr old girls and dupes them into letting him fuck them you lot would consider it the fault of the girls?

You need to ask yourself why people in your shithole of a country need to duct tape mirrors to pictures in order to dupe people at gas stations.......not to mention why 80% of your citizens aren't smart enough to ask questions from salesmen in a hurry :(

What the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back