How much would you buy my system for?

electech98

[H]ard|Gawd
As stated in the title, I am looking for opinions on how much my system would be worth if I were to sell it. Trying to get an idea of what I might have on hand to build a new system. The monitor would NOT be for sale!

System is in sig. Thanks!

EDIT: mods, if this is the wrong forum to post this to, please move it to wherever it is appropriate.

im gonna say 750-850 also u would prolly get mroe if u parted it out cause iv3e gotten upwards of $300 for a gig of pc1066mem.

Only 800 with monitor? If it's with monitor then I think it's kind of low. W/O yeah.

vat said:
Only 800 with monitor? If it's with monitor then I think it's kind of low. W/O yeah.

Yeah, they mean without the monitor. My initial post said that the monitor would not be for sale.

is that 6800 oc an ultra and agp by chance? if it is, sell it to me. =)

Patman said:
is that 6800 oc an ultra and agp by chance? if it is, sell it to me. =)

Uh, no, as you can see in my sig it is a 6800GT OC, but it is AGP. It gets up to Ultra speeds pretty easily, with an NV Silencer on it.

I agree with the "part it out" suggestions. You will probably get $250-$300 for the RDRAM alone, and the same for the video card. If you part it out you could easily score upwards of $1000.

electech98 said:
Hm...do people still buy RDRAM?
A friend of mine did about six months ago for Far Cry :D. He owns a Dell Dimension 8200 and purchased it with RDRAM when they were still "figuring out" the standard. The 512MB wasn't cutting it in games anymore, thus he purchased another 512 from a vendor listed on Pricewatch.

So, yes, people still buy the stuff :p. Good luck with selling your system.

Gotta love Dell's marketing. They sold my brother 256 mb RDRAM, telling him it is like a 4 lane highway whereas DDR is 2 lane... he figured it would be like 1gb (256x4). They also sold him a FX5200... lol that combined with the shitty software Dell installs made the comp one of the worst price:performance ratio's I've ever seen.

_Durandal_ said:
<SNIP>...Good luck with selling your system.

I'm still debating whether I should or not...I was trying to see what kind of return I would be able to get from my system if I were to build a dream machine for myself, with a cost of over $4500.00, and how much of that I could get back by selling my current rig.

ChingChang said:
Gotta love Dell's marketing. They sold my brother 256 mb RDRAM, telling him it is like a 4 lane highway whereas DDR is 2 lane... he figured it would be like 1gb (256x4). They also sold him a FX5200... lol that combined with the shitty software Dell installs made the comp one of the worst price:performance ratio's I've ever seen.

No kidding. At least my friend got a GF4 Ti4200, which I promptly bought from him after he upgraded :D. Yeah, Dell does some funny things sometimes...this RDRAM business *grrr* (reserves words) :p .

I don't know though.... I think 850 region is dreaming. Yeah RDRAM costs a lot, but not because it's highly desirable. Joe Blow will spend a lot on RDRAM now for an easy upgrade to an existing machine.... but $850 could buy a guy on the forums almost an A64 rig. Alright, maybe it's not way out there, but if you can get that don't hesitate I say.

Actually, you do get a lot of nice little extras like a TV card and what not, just despite value I think the whole RDRAM 533FSB hurts it. Mist would rather a 3.0C and DDR1.

ChingChang said:

lol my parents fell for that. "Omg free upgrade of 128mb of ram to 256mb of ram this is a good deal!"
/me shakes head

I would say $600 to $700, ya that stuff is nice, but you can go buy a A64 machine with specs just like that for a few hundred more.

the only thing good i see you have really is your vid card proc and ram, part it out and you could get around 700-850 if you can sell it soon

wait any longer and your vid card price will drooooooooooooooooooooooooooP! :eek:

new gen cards= older gen card prices go down :p

soulsaver_8229

Depends on who you are selling it to, if your selling it to somebody, say like people in this forum who is familiar with computers and it's components, especially people who custom build, I wouldn't expect more than $700-750.

If your selling to people who knows only what they see in retail stores, do a demo of your computer for them, focus on the high points, show them that it's easy and painless and minus the clutter, I think you could easily get $1000 for it.

Back