How much to save, for an entire water-cooling setup?

[H]adouken

[H]ard|Gawd
So if liquid cooling is that much better than air-cooling, how much should I save up for a liquid-cooling kit?

I'm talking about everything that's recommended for a sweet liquid-cooling setup, including CPU blocks, GPU blocks, etc., etc. whatever. I want a good one, even though I'm new to liquid I don't want a "training wheel set" or something. I have an Antec 1200 (okay so supposedly it's not as good as a HAF 932 for liquid but is it that bad?).

Do I have to purchase a GPU with a liquid-block or can I use my current one?

It's either I save for a liquid-cooling setup or I save for another GTX 280, whaddayasay?

jab-tech.com has the Swiftech-H20-220-Apex-Ultima kit for $240 when they normally retail for $300. it comes with everything you need to cool the cpu. The pump, radiator, cpu block, and micro res seem to be praised by many enthusiasts. i'm also looking to build my first liquid setup and have been doin a decent amount of reading around because there is a lot of stuff to take into account.

For a Bare Bones system to only cool your Processor you looking at anywhere from $230 - $300 depending on what you can find on sale. Full coverage GPU blocks run $90-$130 + you may have to have a larger or additional Radiator so figure an additional $50 for that.

For most GPU companys Changing the stock cooler does not void your warranty, so you can use any aftermarket gpu cooler.

I will always recommend getting quality parts on your first water cooling build. It makes the process easier and it insures the longevity of your loop.

haha why are mine always 3 times that much?
i would say it just depends on what you want to do and how nice you want your components to be.

mine seem to always be around 600$ or so.

It depends on how much money you want to spend. To cool your cpu and gpu look to spend in the realm of $300+. It really depends on the hardware though.

Back