How much time do you spend gaming?

I used to be real bad. When Mechwarrior 3 came out I was spending 8+ hrs a day on weekdays and 12+ hrs on weekends of online gaming. I did that for about 7 months. That was about 6 years ago when I was single. Nowadays I game maybe 2-3 hrs a week and about the same for weekends when I get a chance.

This thread REALLY needs a POLL.

It would just be so much easier looking at the data rather than reading 3 pages worth of answers.........................................................................

A few weeks ago when Oblivion came out, at least 30 hours a week. Now, i'm back down to 10 to 15 hours a week.

Not so much as I used to, used to spend a good 30+ hours a week playing games. Now I rarely get 10 a week. Just been busy with life, ya know? School, friends, and work all take up my time now.

Plus it's been a while since I've had a game that took my life and held onto me.

It depends on the time and what games are out. Right now there is a lul for me, about 10~15 a week. But when a game comes out, I'm up to 25+ hours.

Depends on the game. When I have nothing good, like now, I play maybe 0-8 hours a week. A good game is 10-15 hours a week. An amazing game is however much free time I have ;]

I don't spend near as much time as I used to now that I have three kids. That puts a big dent into your gaming time. If i dedicated as much time as I used to on games, I'd be without a wife.

I'd say I spend about an hour a week, maybe two. It used to be 2 or 3 hours a night.

texuspete00 said:
Sounds like he does not live with his wife at this time because of work. ;)

Lucky guy.
I should apply with Halliburton.
I'd risk my neck to get some paid time away...

over one holiday about four years ago,i used to get up at about 4 o clock in the afternoon get breakfast and eat itin front of my computer while it booted.Then I would log onto a MUD i was playin at the time and stay on till maybe 3 in the morning, a couple of nights i didnt bother going to bed for sleep just slept in front of the computer still logged on.dont do that anymore, it aint healthy.

Havoc_Master said:
over one holiday about four years ago,i used to get up at about 4 o clock in the afternoon get breakfast and eat itin front of my computer while it booted.Then I would log onto a MUD i was playin at the time and stay on till maybe 3 in the morning, a couple of nights i didnt bother going to bed for sleep just slept in front of the computer still logged on.dont do that anymore, it aint healthy.

I just woke up, 4:30 FTW!

when i was in high school i played for 3-6 hours a day. on the weekends i played 4-8a day. when i started to play cs i played non stop 5-10. then when i got into WoW which was when i wasnt in school i played 8-14 hours a day non stop. these days i play only on raids from 8pm to ? :p now that i started a new character i play more but not more than 5 hours a day 4 days a week.

i can't play more than 1 -2 hours a day.. if i play more than that.. i feel like a complete slob....

When I was in high school, those were the great days. I had FFVII, FFT, FFVIII, Metal Gear Solid... Those took up so much time, especially FFVII. I would say I played on average 4-6 hours per day and more on the weekends, so like 40-50 hours per week.

Now, I'm lucky if I get to play ONE hour per week. Too much stuff, grad school, work... Law school is gonna knock that number down to ZERO hours per week... :( :mad:

I see some replies about marriage cutting into gaming, but I have no issue in my marriage with games. I made my hobby abunduntly clear early in the relationship, so it was accepted long ago, and I don't play nearly as much as I did then, so it's all good.

I have to say that the one main thorn in my side is the house we bought. it's not like it needs constant repair or anything, but theres almost always something I could be doing to it.

I usually play about 3-5 hours a week, if that, and some weeks not at all. I didn't touch my 360 for almost two months. Started a new job and was real busy with that. Now I come home, hang out with the wife and when she goes to bed, I sometimes play a little Halo 2 with one of my friends who moved to Texas.

I pick it up in the fall/winter when theres nothing to do outside.

I would average about 2-3 hours a day now. Im getting bored with games, though Hitman Blood Money will be a "sit down and play all day" game. Back in the old days 6 hours a day.

phoderpants said:
When I was in high school, those were the great days. I had FFVII, FFT, FFVIII, Metal Gear Solid... Those took up so much time, especially FFVII. I would say I played on average 4-6 hours per day and more on the weekends, so like 40-50 hours per week.

Now, I'm lucky if I get to play ONE hour per week. Too much stuff, grad school, work... Law school is gonna knock that number down to ZERO hours per week... :( :mad:

Same thing is going to happen as soon as I start the Naval Academy next year....

But as soon as I'm home on holiday-vacations.....GAME TIME!!!

10-20 hrs a week on a mix of WoW, WC3, BF2, and HL/HL2/TFC/CS:S

When I played World of warcraft I could spend 16-20 hours a day when I didn't have anything else to do that day. I would sacrifice sleep for more time in WoW... I think I am better about it now. I can just get up and leave whenever I want too, but then I just couldn't help it, was to addicting :/

Detman101 said:
You're a lucky dude. My wife is like a barnacle on my butt when it comes to me being on the computer. If I'm not looking directly at her, then I'm not spending time "With her".

How do you pull it off????
I need some help to make my life more like yours.

were not living on the same country for work reasons so thats why. well .. all of that will end this staturday.. :(

Suprisingly little considering how much I love video games. Maybe an hour or two a day? 24 hours a day during LAN/console parties multiplied by how many days the LAN goes on for. :)

I never play at home, as I have a life.;)

I play WOW at work, though. Around 2hrs daily.

EvilNando said:
were not living on the same country for work reasons so thats why. well .. all of that will end this staturday.. :(

Actually getting the big D over that stuff talked about in GenMay? That's just insane. I thought maybe she'd cool off, otherwise there is probably more than meets the eye with that one. Absurd. Good luck. :(

3-5 hours every other day. ~30 hours a week.

I stay well rounded by playing games between the PC and the 360.

Hitman.
CS:S
HL2: Ep1
Table Tennis
GRAW
Civ IV

Game Past 7 Days Total
Battlefield Vietnam - 878 hrs
Battlefield 2 - 65 hrs 680 hrs

i can put in 90+ hours a week if i want. ive done it many times before. depends on my mood really lol. now that games are going to be a sport like baseball and football ill probly be playing 2x as much as normal.

2-3 hours a night during the week, maybe taking a couple of nights off. About 6-8 hours on a friday and saturday night.

I game around 5 to 10 hours a day. more when im on vacation. I average about 80% of the time on EQ2

i used to spend 10 hours or more a day, then i realized "this is a waste of life", so i limit myself to 2 hours (if that), whenever i go past my limit, i start to feel guilty and the game becomes less fun, gaming is very addictive.

the only time i go past my limit is when im having a lan party, that sometimes can last 2 days (any excuse).

duuuuuumb said:
i used to spend 10 hours or more a day, then i realized "this is a waste of life", so i limit myself to 2 hours (if that), whenever i go past my limit, i start to feel guilty and the game becomes less fun, gaming is very addictive.

the only time i go past my limit is when im having a lan party, that sometimes can last 2 days (any excuse).

Good man. Win at life.

One thing I have noticed as I get older I play video games far less, but my computer is 10 times better for the day and age... Ironic

discochan said:
I used to be able to play for hours but not anymore, its hard for a game to keep me entertained now.

I need a soul sucking RPG

I feel this way as I've grown older - but Oblivion and HL2: Ep. 1 have kept me coming back for a few hours a week :)

2Fresh said:
I never play at home, as I have a life.;)

I play WOW at work, though. Around 2hrs daily.

it's funny how the amount of time you spend playing video games is proportional to how much of a social live you have lol...though if you play video games with your friends.. then i guess that's not true

i do play at home.. however about 1 - 5 hours in a week...

J-Mag said:
One thing I have noticed as I get older I play video games far less, but my computer is 10 times better for the day and age... Ironic

QFT. :p

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
it's funny how the amount of time you spend playing video games is proportional to how much of a social live you have lol...though if you play video games with your friends.. then i guess that's not true

i do play at home.. however about 1 - 5 hours in a week...

Looking amount of time some people are spending on games..there is no way in hell they have a social life, at least not an active one anyway. OH WAITE!!! I forgot the real world of AIM :rolleyes: Not bashing, but sound like total geeks that have nothing better to do then play a video game...kinda sad. When I was young I was out partying, playing football, getting laid, etc. Kids now days sit at home and lock themselves in their room all day long and play games. fun fun.

To each their own..I guess.

I have a job where I only have to work 4 hours a day and get paid for 8, which is cool. So when I get off work I played from about 9am to 9pm. Yeah, I had no social life, but my gf lives w/ me and she worked from 2pm to 10pm. So it all worked out for the getting laid then taking an nap to get up again at 4am and repeat, but of late, I have realized that was quite an empty life. I mean, what's the point of being level 70 on EQ2 w/ ubar gear and all that? It's not like you can goto your loan officer at the bank and say,
"Hey.. I want a new car."

"Well how's your credit."

"Um.. it's ok, but I'm persistent, my toon on EQ2 is level 70 and the ubarness.. "

"Oh.. right..."

"So I get the car right."

"Is it a Matchbox car?"

For some reason gaming has just lost it's high for me. I remember putting hundreds of hours on games like Star Control 2 back in the day. Exploring every star system and every planet just to see what I could get. Now, if I set at my box, I just stare at my desktop thinking, man, nothing sounds good. Then I go and do the dishes, or go out for awhile. Guess it's a process of aging or something.

I guess, to answer the question, it’s gone from more hours than I care to think about, to like 5 a week or so.

Back