how much ram do you have in your MBP?

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a 13.3 unibody with 2 gigs of ram, its been decent... but now I installed fusion with Win 7... and WOWWWWW is it slow... so i ordered a 4 gig kit...

i also found out that MBPs support up to 8 gigs of ram... does anyone have that much ram in their lappy?

Most people generally have 4 GB of RAM. It’s not cost-efficient to go higher than that, and you don’t really need that much memory on a notebook anyway.

late 2007 MBP 15" =4gb ram (ddr2 677)
current 2010 13" MBP = 4gb ram (1067)

The irony is that the cpu is the same in both as well as memory, the 13 has a better vid card though.

ya... i doubt theres a need for 8 gigs of ram on a 13" mbp.... maybe on the 17" with the i7... you could do some real processing...

I swapped out my dvd drive for a 250gig HDD and added a 30gb SATA as primary.... that made a BIG difference, cant wait to see how fast this lappy will be with 4 gigs of ram

I only have 2, but don't run any VMs. It's getting to the point where I'm wanting 4

I was considering putting 8 gigs in mine, just because I wouldn't have to worry about memory filling up ever again. I found a few 8 gig kits on Newegg for a reasonable price, plus, unlike my others, I plan on hanging on to this laptop for a LONG time, so it couldn't hurt to future-proof it a bit.

I just put 8 gigs in my 15" Core i5, up from 4gigs. I do notice a slight difference typically, however, when I'm running many many applications, including Handbrake encodes while doing other things, the difference is night and day. App's start up a bit faster too.

for a while i wasnt running VMs either with only 2 and my conventional 7200 RPM... and it was decent, but not great...
i wanted 4 gigs.

put the SSD in and it got fastttttttttttter..... cant wait to try it out with 4 gigs and SSD

I just bought 8gb for my Mid 2009 MBP 13" replacing the 4Gb it currently has. Waiting for it to arrive.

I do alot with virtualization needing to run multiple machines.

I'm looking to upgrade to a mid 2010 MBP 15" with a i7 at some point, my ram will come with me to that system.

I've got 4 in my i5 MBP, but do want to go to 8, although by the time I'd be upgrading RAM, I might just recycle the machine by selling/upgrading to whatever is newer because this was a warranty exchange for me and since it's worth more in the market when the refreshes come around..

I have a 13.3 unibody with 2 gigs of ram, its been decent... but now I installed fusion with Win 7... and WOWWWWW is it slow... so i ordered a 4 gig kit...

i also found out that MBPs support up to 8 gigs of ram... does anyone have that much ram in their lappy?

I realized recently that the thing that bottlenecks your computer the most is your hard drive. I just got an SSD and now i'm flying by the seat of my pants. Other than that, 8 gb isn't cost efficient as of now as someone already stated. get 4 gb. Its more than enough for everything. if you run win 7 on VM, it'll take around 3 gb of memory

Back