how much PSI do i need from a compressor to clean out case dust?

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
Borrowed a friends nailgun/100 PSI compressor this weekend to attach new moldings in my room and then decided to clean out my PC case with it.....

and WOW!!!!!!!!!!! sooooo much stronger then a aircan, and then i got to thinking... instead of spending 20 bucks @ costco for 4 bottles of air. i may as well spend like 40 bucks on a used compressor......

how much PSI do i need to have a steady strong amount of air? 100 PSI seems excessive for cleaning PC cases and keyboards lol

Canned de-dusters are usually between 70-80 PSI. The compressor probably outputs more cfm so it feels a lot stronger, which, it is. You'll need to be careful if you use an air compressor to clean your case, if you hold the nozzle close enough to your mobo you can flex it enough to do damage. Short bursts do the best job for cleaning. I use a sandblasting gun (minus the sand) and it works great.

i like the idea of a compressor, but make sure you keep the case, video, heatsink and any other fans from spinning freely when you blast that compressor. they are not designed to spin that fast and will break.

60 to 80 would be fine just get a gun with a small tip, and please get an inline water seperator they dont cost to much.

I use 150PSI, because I want my PC really clean... Nah it's just that my pressure regulator is shot. :(

Back