How much power can EVGA PowerLinks handle?

I'm running two of them in my quad build and just want to make sure they're not the potential cause of any issues I'm seeing. I'd also rather not have them melt by accident.

Well, I have not had one in hand but since it says it supports two 8 pin PCIe connectors I would hope 300W and that they left head room.

They officially say it supports the 2080Ti and there is more than enough conductor inside of them to handle 300W+. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I'm missing with these since sometimes official claims and spec sheets don't match the real world experience of users. I'm not used to seeing so much Vrel and Vop throttling as I'm getting now.

They officially say it supports the 2080Ti and there is more than enough conductor inside of them to handle 300W+. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I'm missing with these since sometimes official claims and spec sheets don't match the real world experience of users. I'm not used to seeing so much Vrel and Vop throttling as I'm getting now.

well, I'd need to have one in hand to know if they are fudging anything. That's not likely to happen though since EVGA has me cutoff.

I really can't see the usefullness of this; I'd lace the regular cables nicely with neon thread first. $30 for a connector extender... smh.

They routinely end up at $5 on Amazon, and for multi-GPU builds, they really do clean up the cabling pretty well.
powerlink.jpg

I've run these on 1080TI's in SLI since launch without issue.

It's a really short run so I am sure it could handle any load a video card could throw at it and then some.

Back