how much percentage does ebay take on cpus?

i thought it was based on price, not item type.
oh i guess they base on category... looks like ~10%

'tech' is 12.55% + transaction fee + however you deal with shipping.

Ebay's cut is from the total transaction. So, that includes the shipping price in their 12.55 percent. That allows them to squeeze a few more cents out of your actual product sale. So, better your shipping method, the more money you end up losing to fees.

If they haven't already, they are getting rid of Paypal. A big angle on the marketing behind it, is to lower the overall fees for sellers. We shall see...

**additionally, Paypal is actually pretty great on their buyer protection and getting you your money back. Even when Ebay is being difficult or blatantly preventing you from getting you from rightfully getting your money back. It will be interesting to see how things play out, with Paypal's protection out of the picture.

Ebay's cut is from the total transaction. So, that includes the shipping price in their 12.55 percent. That allows them to squeeze a few more cents out of your actual product sale. So, better your shipping method, the more money you end up losing to fees.

If they haven't already, they are getting rid of Paypal. A big angle on the marketing behind it, is to lower the overall fees for sellers. We shall see...

**additionally, Paypal is actually pretty great on their buyer protection and getting you your money back. Even when Ebay is being difficult or blatantly preventing you from getting you from rightfully getting your money back. It will be interesting to see how things play out, with Paypal's protection out of the picture.
Shipping price is NOT part of the 12.55% unless you magically make it inside whatever they deem 'qualifying'. out of my previous 50 sales about 3 of them have qualified. the rest i was charged 12.55% AND shipping.

EBAY has gotten rid of sellers receiving payments through paypal (at least the vast majority are off paypal) you can still make purchases using paypal, but the payment is received by Ebay as an intermediary now.

paypal is great, i hate ebay, but locally there is only facebook, and somehow, that is even worse than using ebay.

Shipping price is NOT part of the 12.55% unless you magically make it inside whatever they deem 'qualifying'. out of my previous 50 sales about 3 of them have qualified. the rest i was charged 12.55% AND shipping.

EBAY has gotten rid of sellers receiving payments through paypal (at least the vast majority are off paypal) you can still make purchases using paypal, but the payment is received by Ebay as an intermediary now.

paypal is great, i hate ebay, but locally there is only facebook, and somehow, that is even worse than using ebay.

Final value fees​

We charge a final value fee when your item sells.

This fee is calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the sale. The total amount of the sale includes the item price, and any shipping and handling charges. Sales tax isn't included in the calculation.

If for some reason the buyer doesn't pay, you need to cancel the unpaid order within 30 calendar days after the listing ended in order to eligible for any applicable fee credits.

Final value fees on shipping​

Final values fees on shipping are based on the cost of the shipping service the buyer chooses. However, if you offer 1-day or international shipping as well as a cheaper or free option (like domestic shipping), the final value fee is calculated based on the cheapest domestic option you offer.

If you only offer 1-day or international shipping but no cheaper option like domestic shipping, you'll be charged a final value fee based on the service the buyer chooses.

If you're in China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam and your item isn't located in the US, final value fees on shipping are always calculated based on the shipping option your buyer chooses.

• *** The selling price is the final sale price of the item, not including shipping, handling, taxes, or fees. The final value fee is charged on the total amount of the sale.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i could type out an example of exactly how that proves my point but i do not feel like typing that much.
just know that it is easy for a seller that lives in the middle of nowhere America, to get charged 12.55% on a sale, and then also receive a shipping fee. and no, it was not an adjustment because i tried to short the shipping weight.

i could type out an example of exactly how that proves my point but i do not feel like typing that much.
just know that it is easy for a seller that lives in the middle of nowhere America, to get charged 12.55% on a sale, and then also receive a shipping fee. and no, it was not an adjustment because i tried to short the shipping weight.
This is copy + paste, not my words:

Sellers are charged X% of the TOTAL amount the buyer pays. It is charged in two separate invoices (unless you offer 'free shipping).

eBay knows what the item sold for as soon as the listing ends ... so is able to invoice for that immediately.

eBay doesn't know what the cost of shipping is until the buyer pays ... so it invoices separately for shipping amount. It's been doing it for about 5 years now.

The reason eBay started including the shipping cost in their fee structure is that some sellers had developed a scheme to avoid paying eBay fees. For example, they would list a $100 item for $1 ... and charge $99 for shipping ... reducing the fees to 10 cents.

This is copy + paste, not my words:

Sellers are charged X% of the TOTAL amount the buyer pays. It is charged in two separate invoices (unless you offer 'free shipping).

eBay doesn't know what the cost of shipping is until the buyer pays ... so it invoices separately for shipping amount. It's been doing it for about 5 years now.
This is especially not accurate. There are listings that have a flat shipping rate, shipping calculated by ebay at end of auction, shipping calculated by seller at wnd of auction, and 'free shipping' listings.

The documentation does not cover all possible outcomes, and the multiple emails and support requests finally got me to a person, that flat said they did not know, when i asked about the fees on one of my listings.

Ebay may not know the actual shipping cost at the exact moment the auction ends, but for all but one of those shipping methods, that would be irrelevant.

This is especially not accurate. There are listings that have a flat shipping rate, shipping calculated by ebay at end of auction, shipping calculated by seller at wnd of auction, and 'free shipping' listings.

The documentation does not cover all possible outcomes
The two posts I made above, covers all of that which you specifically mentioned.

That said, there may be some instances here or there, where it changes. And some of that may be wrapped up in the fact that fee amounts and what not change, depending upon item category but also, price levels, etc.

The first post there, is copy/paste from Ebay's own fees documentation page. The second post is copy/paste from the bay community and is echoed in other posts around the internet. Even if it doesnt' cover something here or there: in general, ebay's fees are at least usually based on the final total value of the price the item sold for + the amount charged for shipping. The final value fee is charged on the total amount of the sale. (which means, shipping charges, too).

I don't get why we are having to split hairs 7 ways, on this.

Back