How Much Have You Spent on Steam?

TotalSpend $6,000.06
OldSpend $3,789.30
PWSpend $0.00

Ugh, could have done with not seeing that.

$917 total. 173 games. $5.30 per game average, not bad. That was since 2004 with my first game being Half-Life 2 Retail.

$13. Subnautica is the only game I've personally bought. The rest came from gifts and a few humble bundles a friend gave me.

$245.56 and that is since around 2004 or so. I just do not care if the games are not on sale and nothing has interested me in years.

TotalSpend: $2,191.72
OldSpend: $868.28
PWSpend: $0.00

$2400-something. I'm an idiot.

Because you spent $2400.00 on games? Have you got a reasonable amount of enjoyment out of them?

Heck, I know a friend of mine that spends ~$10.00 each working day on two Starbucks Coffees. That is $2600 a year for substandard coffee! I can brew the same stuff in a multitude of ways for literally $2-3 a day and it will taste a whole hell of a lot better than Starshmucks~

Total Spend: ~$700
Old Spend: ~$575

First Purchase: Audiosurf $4.99 50% off Aug 2008
First Use of Steam: Forced to make a steam account to play Half Life 2
For some odd reason steam has my license registration date for Half Life 2 as Mar 2006 and has it as "complimentary", which is about a year and half after it was released. I definitely bought that game in the first few days of release.

Prior to that and for some time afterwards I would buy games on disc and then activate them on steam, so a lot of my steam games are not accounted for in this total.... since most of those games were purchased at around $40... I seldomly purchase games for that much money these days... I wait a year or so for a steam sale. ;-)

Plus I'm a cheap ass gamer, so also get steam codes from other retailers as well. For example one of the most recent is Project Cars 2.

Last edited:
TotalSpend $1,011.50
OldSpend $888.26

13.5 years worth

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $6393 ($1623 with sales)
  • Games owned: 558
  • Games played: 323 (57%)
  • Hours on record: 2,758.0h

For fuck's sake man, did you really have to do that to me??!! If you hadn't posted that link I would never have thought to check it for myself and I could have gone on sleeping like a baby. Now I'm going to cry myself to sleep every night for at least a week and I'm blaming it all on you, you heartless bastard.

what does OldSpend mean?...is that not included in TotalSpend?

I believe OldSpend is what you spent in the Steam Store on software, hardware, ect.
Which means TotalSpend is anything that you added to your wallet to spend in another game i.e. Planetside 2.

$1068.07 here -- seems about right, given that I spent a lot of additional money on Mechwarrior Online and Neverwinter Online (both of which aren't Steam exclusive, and I didn't attach 'em to Steam).

799.16....Wow...I figured on a whole lot more.....Maybe I should buy some new games!

Ok, so now the next thing is to calculate total hours played.....OMG this is SAD.......2468.34 hours in 9 years.....I feel so useless!

The question should be.. When was the last time you logged in..

About Tree-fitty, know what I sayin?

I do..

TotalSpend 2017-10-28 04:30:28.587 $346.19
OldSpend 2017-10-28 04:30:28.587 $319.20
PWSpend 2017-10-28 04:30:28.587 $0.00

Pretty sad I've been using steam since it was beta.

Last edited:
I bet you the website calculates it based on current price, not the price you actually paid. This would mean any number it shows is guaranteed to be wrong.

$4,164.27

But I have 3 kids with steam accounts and I buy everything on mine and gift it over to them. I have not used steam much in the past 5-7 years as I've been playing mostly Guild Wars 2 and Battlefield games....

I bet you the website calculates it based on current price, not the price you actually paid. This would mean any number it shows is guaranteed to be wrong.
No, it shows it as a record of what was actually paid for each game.

This is my main account that I have had since just b4 HL2 launch.

more than I thought.PNG

I have 3 guest accounts as well, but they have only a few coop games on them. Both L4D, Borderlands franchise, Payday2, Vermintide, and the like. So prolly another $1k on top of that.

More than I thought, but still only a few hundred a year over the last 14 years or so.

zero, Not only do I not want a client on my computer that I need to ask permission to play a game, hell I don't even have time to play games that I bought and installed.
I'll wait till a game I want to play is DRM free, screw steam.

Back