How much free disk space do I need for upgrading to the Win 2004? When it becomes ready.

ptr1959w

Weaksauce
Hi there,
I was wondering how much space do I need to update win 10? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance..

Hi there,
I was wondering how much space do I need to update win 10? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance..
ive updated with as little as 15-20GB free space without issue. when my main system updated to 2004 it was sitting around 35GB free(only a 240GB ssd for c:/)
ps: you can now use a usb drive as temps storage if your c: is too low, it will do it automatically to secondary ssd/hhd drives too.

ive updated with as little as 15-20GB free space without issue. when my main system updated to 2004 it was sitting around 35GB free(only a 240GB ssd for c:/)
ps: you can now use a usb drive as temps storage if your c: is too low, it will do it automatically to secondary ssd/hhd drives too.

Really? This is a really good idea. Nothing worse than trying to perform a Windows update on some shitty Windows device with 32GB storage and MS Office installed.

Really? This is a really good idea. Nothing worse than trying to perform a Windows update on some shitty Windows device with 32GB storage and MS Office installed.
i think thats exactly why they did it. ive ran into several student laptops(32/64gb) without enough room and the usb stick method got them updated no prob.

Related, looks like the final version of 2004 is rolling out to the preview ring today. If you make lots of changes to your start menu (like I do), run SFC /scannow before updating.

whys that?

If you shift around certain folders and shortcuts (like Windows accessories and such), large updates can flag them as missing and fail. SFC /scannow brings all of those back to their original locations.

Back