How much do you use your stylus or s pen?

jimh425

Gawd
How much do you use your stylus or s pen? My contract is up soon and I'm considering a larger phone. I'm considering the Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 6, Galaxy S5, and iPhone 6 and 6+.

I've had a few friends demo their Note 3s, and they seem to leave out the stylus use. I think that might mean they don't use it very much.

I'm afraid that I'm not going to know how much I like a stylus without buying a phone with one. :)

Just like anything else, Better to have one and not need it, than to need it and not have one.

I use it when I need to. I have the Note 4

I use it daily, but even if I didn't I would still love having it around. Notes on napkins are a thing of past.

Very rarely. I have a Note 2.

I'm considering getting the Xperia Z2 or Z3. Those are very nice phones.

Used to use mine daily. Now I use it daily. :D

Honestly I could live without one but I'd have a lot of adjusting to do.

Used it on tablet, but never really use it on Note 2, which is odd....

At least once a week for me, Note 3. I use it mostly for keeping track of 'To Do Lists'

I use mine almost every time I write a text message. Actually, I either use voice or pen as my primary means of input on my phone. Rarely use the keyboard.

I used the stylus on my Note 2 approx. 10 times in the first week after I got the phone to demo that functionality, and never took it out again.

I used mine because it was new and I had to. Now it sometimes slips out and I put it back in. Very useful for me.

i just got a note 4 last Friday and i really like it. I use the s pen about 50% of the time
depends on what iam doing. I'm finding that its more responsive than my finger. I like to use it while web browsing and to highlight text. I see the S pen more like a mouse for your phone than a stylus or pen. It does some nice things that are handy so why not. I think the note 4 is a better designed larger phone or phablet than the other large phones such as the iphone 6 plus and even the new nexus6. Although the nexus 6 isn't out yet but i would imagine the experience would be similar to the iphone 6 in your hand.

More often than I use the pen and paper. More appropriate question is when you do need to use it do you prefer the precision pen or your finger to take notes, annotate, sign, draw, screen grab, etc.

When I'm using the phone with 2 hands i prefer the accuracy of the pen. It really is more precise than my finger. When i use the phone quickly i use1 hand and my thumb

I use it all the time on my Note3. I use it to write myself notes in the S-Note app and sticky-widget, and I also use it for drawing a good bit.

Most people I've seen don't use s pen at all on their Note 3 or 4. May as well consider Nokia Lumia 1520.

A few times a week. Better experience on the tablets overall because in portrait mode the Note 4 is a little too small to write on comfortably while holding with the other hand though I think it's fine in landscape on a surface. I use it to annotate pictures or take notes at work for the most part.

I'm thinking about getting one of these generic ones for my G3. Seems like it would be nice to use on these games that only require 1 finger. More precise.

They're all universal pretty much right? Not seeing any negatives here so far

I'm thinking about getting one of these generic ones for my G3. Seems like it would be nice to use on these games that only require 1 finger. More precise.

They're all universal pretty much right? Not seeing any negatives here so far

Stylus in general is an inferior experience to digitizer pen. Even the costlier and slightly better stylus like the Adonit Jot Pro have drawbacks like scratching your display. You can try it to experience it but probably better off saving your money and using your finger.

You have to make sure that the stylus you buy can work on your device. A lot of phones need the giant capacitive stylus and cannot use the smaller head ones that actually give you an advantage. None of the capacitive ones are anywhere near as good as active digitizers.

Stylus in general is an inferior experience to digitizer pen. Even the costlier and slightly better stylus like the Adonit Jot Pro have drawbacks like scratching your display. You can try it to experience it but probably better off saving your money and using your finger.

Thanks for that answer

I use the pen for swype texting all the time. It increases my texting speed quite a bit and accuracy is so much better than my big fat fingers. I also use it anytime I need to select a link on a website, do a grocery/to do list, or anything that has small input size. The stylus is much more precise than a finger. I don't use for a fast text, dialing, reading emails, or watching videos though. I doubt I will get another phone without a stylus, so for now looks like I am stuck with the Note series and touchwiz.

Back