How much can i overclock my new PC?

Qulzam

n00b
Here are the specs,

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHZ
Intel D975XBX2
XFX Geforce 8800GTS 320MB XXX Edition (580/1800)
Corsair Dominator 2GB DDR2/800 PC2 6400C4D (4-4-4-12, CAS LATENCY:4, VOLTAGE: 2.1)
Seagate Barracuda 320GB

I want to know how much can i overclock my PC.

Test and see, every single machine is different. There's no way to know otherwise.

Would you guyz please tell me where should i start first i mean, if i overclock my CPU from 2.4 to 2.8 or above, should i have to change RAM timings as well?
Is there any other way to check the stability of the system, without using it for a very long time? any application or software?

omg, do yourself a favor and start reading on HOW to overclock before you start playing with things.

There's a great tutorial in the AMD forum that will help you get started.

zv

You could probably get the CPU up to 3.0ghz. The 8800 you could get up to 700/2000.

Qulzam, being new to this you're going to want to start reading before doing anything. Get a general feel for how a computer works as well as how overclocking works. Also read up on methods of overclocking. All of this is covered in some great guides written on these forums as well as others. Google is your friend also. You'll find that many of your questions have already been asked and answered :cool:.

Back