How Many Xbox Consoles Will A .50 Cal Go Through?

That was a little disappointing but at least I know how many Xbox 360s I need to layer around my house. /prepper

Without the use of specific armor piercing rounds, I am actually not surprised that it only went through 3 X360's.

The way he set them up was like a big crumple zone on a car. If he really wanted to know he should have taped them together and put them against a heavy backstop.

This guy though is more about breaking shit with guns. Have to admit in partaking in that a few times myself, so I see the value :p

If they used the original Xbox, the round would have just bounced off the first one...

Without the use of specific armor piercing rounds, I am actually not surprised that it only went through 3 X360's.

yep with out those rounds 50 cal energy dissipates. cool vid

unscientific test is unscientific

all about the show rather than substance..

+1 on the crumple zone. Most of the energy is spent on a wobbly object and bullet deformation, then the deformed bullet is allowed to exit, then deforms some more on the entry to the next one, which is also wobbly, etc. Put those against a backstop and fasten them together and I bet that round goes through all of them, not that it really matters, but if the goal is to destroy shit, he did it the wrong way.

"Let's go shooting some Xboxes and make a video!"
"Ok, but we can't do this wrong. We have to be scientific about it. You know much about science?"
"No."
"Ok. Fuck it. Let's just shoot shit!".

Works for me! :) Didn't expect some scientific set up or anything like that. Just shooting some Xboxes. :D

A well regulated militia deters the tyranny of the king again.

Do you buy Insurance? I do. mine comes in .223 Remington .308 Winchester, .300 Winchester Magnum, 10mm auto, .45 acp, 9mm, .380 ACP, 12 gauge and several other calibers.

Sorry, I am being a bit facetious, but as long as substantial percentage of the population is armed and know how to use those weapons, the phrase "Sic semper tyrannis" is not an empty threat.

Ever notice how the current administration likes to view returning veterans as potentially hazardous to them?

That was a little disappointing but at least I know how many Xbox 360s I need to layer around my house. /prepper
:D

I really thought it would have gone through more. I am pretty limited when it comes to gun knowledge though.

"Let's go shooting some Xboxes and make a video!"
"Ok, but we can't do this wrong. We have to be scientific about it. You know much about science?"
"No."
"Ok. Fuck it. Let's just shoot shit!".

Works for me! :) Didn't expect some scientific set up or anything like that. Just shooting some Xboxes. :D

Best post of the thread.
That is exactly what I was thinking! :p

Is this guy a sponsor or something? Why is there a pointless video of his posted at least once every week?

unscientific test is unscientific

all about the show rather than substance..

This test is more about just blowing stuff up and having a good time than anything else. Didn't Kyle here used to blow up hard drives with his arsenal?

Do you buy Insurance? I do. mine comes in .223 Remington .308 Winchester, .300 Winchester Magnum, 10mm auto, .45 acp, 9mm, .380 ACP, 12 gauge and several other calibers.

Sorry, I am being a bit facetious, but as long as substantial percentage of the population is armed and know how to use those weapons, the phrase "Sic semper tyrannis" is not an empty threat.

Ever notice how the current administration likes to view returning veterans as potentially hazardous to them?
Right wingers always love to bring politics into things
Your pea shooter < A helicopter//tank/missile/F-22/35 etc

Your pea shooter < A helicopter//tank/missile/F-22/35 etc[/QUOTE

If I recall, the comment I replied to was a political dig at the second amendment, by, a left winger? bashing "right wingers" is very fashionable these days, isn't it?

And if it comes to US citizens having to worry about the military attacking them with tanks, your cozy little progressive world will have crumbled anyway.

Need to add some Tannerite to that pile of Xbox's. everything is better with Tannerite

Your pea shooter < A helicopter//tank/missile/F-22/35 etc[/QUOTE

If I recall, the comment I replied to was a political dig at the second amendment, by, a left winger? bashing "right wingers" is very fashionable these days, isn't it?

And if it comes to US citizens having to worry about the military attacking them with tanks, your cozy little progressive world will have crumbled anyway.

LOL.. true.. And i would hope if the military ever did use any weapons against a citizen, fellow citizens would get quite riled up and call for some heads to roll.

He needed an armor piercing round.

It appears to be Armor Piercing Incendiary, aka API. That and the regular Full Metal Jacket, aka FMJ, are by far the most popular of the pulled military bullets due to availability and low cost. Look at the video still before playing, notice the "fire" right before the second xbox, that's the incindiary going off (it doesn't blow stuff up, it catches them on fire). While it could just be an M1/M23 incendary (no steel) , that seems unlikely since at 1:49 there appears to be a shattered steel core on the wood bench. All the softer materials have fragmented and would not have left a peice that large and undeformed.

FYI, the common bullet metals lead, copper, and brass don't spark. Even then, that is clearly an incendiary going off and not a spark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_BMG#Military_cartridge_types

Once a bullet looses stability, they don't fly or penetrate much at all. The myth of .50BMG armor capabilities is much greater than the reality. It hasn't been a real anti-armor weapon since WWI. The only reason it has the reputation is does today is because everything else was either banned or heavily regulated under the 1934 NFA, 1968 GCA and the 1986 FOPA (really the NFA). While it's not mostly impossible to own something bigger, it's expensive, a head-ache, no legal source of cheap military components, etc.

Yeah but a paranoid fucker stockpiling weapons does not a militia make...

Maybe not, but how the leftist media defines that and how those of us in the shooting community do are entirely different.

I watched a news clip of the arrest of someone who had, by the media's definition, a huge stockpile of weapons, and was obviously a dangerous lunatic. He had several 30-30 lever action rifles, a few shotguns. a bolt action rifle and an a Mini-14, something even the recently defeated assault weapons ban declined to declare an assault rifle.

The criminals name was Randy Weaver. he had a typical rural western collection of guns, most of them handed down from father to son over generations. The story of Ruby Ridge is interesting reading if you go into it with an open mind.

The interesting thing about all the mass shootings of the past few years, is as far as I can recall, the people doing them are not your "paranoid fucker who stockpiles weapons", they are obviously unstable individuals who usually do not obtain the weapons they use for these crimes, until shortly before they commit them.

Maybe not, but how the leftist media defines that and how those of us in the shooting community do are entirely different.

I watched a news clip of the arrest of someone who had, by the media's definition, a huge stockpile of weapons, and was obviously a dangerous lunatic. He had several 30-30 lever action rifles, a few shotguns. a bolt action rifle and an a Mini-14, something even the recently defeated assault weapons ban declined to declare an assault rifle.

The criminals name was Randy Weaver. he had a typical rural western collection of guns, most of them handed down from father to son over generations. The story of Ruby Ridge is interesting reading if you go into it with an open mind.

The interesting thing about all the mass shootings of the past few years, is as far as I can recall, the people doing them are not your "paranoid fucker who stockpiles weapons", they are obviously unstable individuals who usually do not obtain the weapons they use for these crimes, until shortly before they commit them.

Ruby ridge sounds like a massive muck up on both sides.

Back