How many unit's did Dreamcast sell in the first three month's ?

UnStable

Limp Gawd
I am just curious because I was reading the X-Box 360 thread saying that they sold 2.5 Million unit's already.For some reason I keep comparing the 360 launch to the Dreamcast launch.

And No I am not trying to bas MS or anybody else.I want the 360 to succeed as I did the Dreamcast.

The only reason the Dreamcast failed was because it lacked in game titles. 8 months in, there were only still like 15 games.

Thats why it failed.

The 360 != remotely the dreamcast. Research the Dreamcast failure and you'll understand you've been wrong all along.

DC had great games. The reason it failed was because people were still pissed at Sega.

There were about 18 games at launch, and about 40 ten months later.

Lamont said:
DC had great games. The reason it failed was because people were still pissed at Sega.

There were about 18 games at launch, and about 40 ten months later.

I don't remember the DC launch because I didn't get that system but that's about on par w/ the 360. They had 18 launch titles and will have about 40 or so by the end of the year I'd guess. Probably be closer to 50+ I say. But you also have the arcade titles.

I think the real reason it failed was coming out at the time it did and not being a DVD player. Not a lot of people had DVD players at the time and everyone knew the PS2 would be out soon, would play DVDs, and was cheaper than most stand alone DVD players on the market. I don't see the same thing happening with BluRay and the 360 though because going from DVD to BluRay is not equal to going from VHS to DVD :).

Back