How many Titan Owners here go SLI?

socialjazz

Weaksauce
Currently gaming at 1600p and 2-way Titan SLI is only just enough to get all modern game to game at 60FPS with every settings max out(excepty for MSAA).
Crysis 3: mostly at least 60fps with everything maxed out with FXAA (except for bringing down the dam level)
Tomb Raider (Ultimate settings with MSAA 2, TressFX on) with most of the time 60FPS with vsync on
FarCry 3: Max settings with MSAA2 - constant 60fps

I will not be able to get these kind of performance with a 690GTX

Reply here if you own at least 1 titan.

I just use one.

the 2nd gpu is almost useless for Iray anyway since Iray can't use the ram on the 2nd titan. All games run fast enough on 1 titan.

I own Titans in SLI running 1440p, and yeah aside from Crysis 3 so far, other games I play stay above 60fps.

I own Titans in SLI running 1440p, and yeah aside from Crysis 3 so far, other games I play stay above 60fps.

How many titans would allow you to game comfortably if you added 2 more of the same screens?

How many titans would allow you to game comfortably if you added 2 more of the same screens?

I'm not too sure. But I would assume 3 would be the sweet spot for surround gaming at that resolution.

My guess? if you want 60fps in max settings FXAA for most modern games... No setup today will provide that kind of performance.
If you are willing to go down to 40+FPS with micro stutter, then 3 or 4 titan might do

I have two titans on the way and will be getting a third as well for my 7860x1600 setup.

The titan makes no sense as a single card solution over SLI of the 670 or 680 but when you start looking into 3 cards with 3 big monitors, Titans are the clear choice.

One Titan at 1440p here, thinking about getting a second one. I only played Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution on it, both were running very smooth at max settings, FXAA for TR, 4xMSAA for HMA. I'll see how it goes with Metro Last Light next week before I pull the trigger on another Titan.

I'd only go SLI when I felt enough games I play were not playable at max settings. I don't have that issue right now with a single Titan.

But before I'd consider even going SLI, I'd only do that if there wasn't a faster single GPU solution.

The titan makes no sense as a single card solution over SLI of the 670 or 680
Titan makes perfect sense for a lot of people as a single-card solution, especially for surround users.

Single-card Nvidia Surround configurations can instant-switch between Extended Desktop and Surround display modes with the Winkey + P key combination. A lot of people, myself included, can't stand using extended display modes when at the desktop, and only switch into Surround when gaming. This is a make-or-break feature for me (AMD supports it officially in any configuration, Nvidia only supports it unofficially on single-card configs).

SLI configurations require you go through the setup wizard every time you want to swap back and forth. Switching when using SLI also causes a full video reset (since SLI modes are being shuffled) which can glitch-out any applications using hardware acceleration (Firefox being a prime example). Having to restart random programs every time I close a game and switch back to Extended Desktop mode is way, WAY too frustrating to deal with multiples times a day.

SLI also brings with it the potential for micro-stutter, game incompatibility, reverse scaling, additional heat, additional noise, additional power consumption... issues I can completely forget about if I just use a single card.

Has to be one hell of a single-GPU card for surround resolutions, though... which is where the titan comes in :D

Titan makes perfect sense for a lot of people as a single-card solution, especially for surround users.

Single-card Nvidia Surround configurations can instant-switch between Extended Desktop and Surround display modes with the Winkey + P key combination. A lot of people, myself included, can't stand using extended display modes when at the desktop, and only switch into Surround when gaming. This is a make-or-break feature for me (AMD supports it officially in any configuration, Nvidia only supports it unofficially on single-card configs).

You can go that with Windows key + P??? I only see extend, duplicate, and projector options

You can go that with Windows key + P??? I only see extend, duplicate, and projector options

Yeah, it's a bit goofy since Nvidia doesn't officially support it, but it does work.

1. Enable Nvidia Surround using the setup wizard.
2. Use Winkey + P to set "Extended" mode (you should be thrown back into extended with three individual monitors).
3. Use WInkey + P to set "Duplicate" mode (you should be thrown back into Nvidia Surround).

Again, this ONLY works with single-card Nvidia Surround setups. SLI users are out of luck.

Yeah, it's a bit goofy since Nvidia doesn't officially support it, but it does work.

1. Enable Nvidia Surround using the setup wizard.
2. Use Winkey + P to set "Extended" mode (you should be thrown back into extended with three individual monitors).
3. Use WInkey + P to set "Duplicate" mode (you should be thrown back into Nvidia Surround).

Again, this ONLY works with single-card Nvidia Surround setups. SLI users are out of luck.

Thanks i tried with the my AMD card, works wonders and ive shared it with others who use Stretch mode. Its a pain to do normal desktop work on Stretch

Just added (should arrive tomorrow) a second Titan since I plan to upgrade monitor (1440p) in a few weeks.

I went SLI two weeks after I purchased my first one. It was def worth it for anyone play at 1440p or above. I happen to play at 1600p with 8x MSAA and 16xAF. Very nice to keep the games at 60fps minimum.

My single Titan maxes out all of my games at 1600p, but I don't play shitty "AAA" titles just because they're new and happening either. I'm probably in the vast minority, but I don't care about Lara Croft's hair, the next Nanosuit, or that stutter-fest that was Far Cry 3 (although I do have it, I played about 6 hours and quit because the performance was terrible and it was pretty boring).

My single Titan maxes out all of my games at 1600p, but I don't play shitty "AAA" titles just because they're new and happening either. I'm probably in the vast minority, but I don't care about Lara Croft's hair, the next Nanosuit, or that stutter-fest that was Far Cry 3 (although I do have it, I played about 6 hours and quit because the performance was terrible and it was pretty boring).

You might want to try Far Cry 3 again, it runs great nowadays. Since newer drivers and patches. Pretty good fun.

^^^Agreed. It's been well over a month since i played the game. I was initially disappointed in it's performance being that i had two oc'ed 7970's. But when i went to play it again and it downloaded the new updates i saw a nice fps increase while playing Far Cry 3.

Back