How many people....

collegeboy69us

Supreme [H]ardness
How many of you people have run Prime95 benches and gotten failures but still keep your rig clocked at that speed regardless?

i'm wanting to know JUST how importnatn the prime stabily bench is. God knows everyone wants stabilty but if its only going to crash once ever 30 days from the overclock i can live iwth that :-P

For those of you who HAVE kept it clocked even though prime fails what kinda of stability do you notice day-to-day watching movies,tv, playing intense games?

Thanks
jeff

I've had lots of different expreiences with prime, just the other week I was trying out different things, and noticed the settings that had given me week + uptimes would fail prime after about 5 seconds, and an overclock that would cause me to bsod in about 3 hours passed prime for just as long..before the bsod :p . Of course, this may be just some good 'ol winders software issue anyway ;)

yeah i figured that there might be a little weirdness here... ive been folding for 24 hours straight on my OC'd box that prime failed on after 3 minutes. and it's perfectly stable.

While I wish i could get a stable prime test -- if everything else is good why not :)

~jeff

I gamed on an overclock that failed the first pass of prime95 for 3 months. Only instability came from the pos "vpu recover" that ati has. :D

24 hours of folding doesn't mean it's stable.

Prime's torture test checks and rechecks all of it answers and alerts you if something doesn't match. Contrast that with your folding program, which assumes that everything has been calculated right. You could easily be sending in bogus results.

Don't fold on a computer that isn't 100% stable!!!!

Back