How many old farts here stil play pc games?

not that old but I love my 90s era games :D I actually play lots of 90s games. Many early 90s games I refuse to play because I see no reason too. I tried commander keen and was terrible and rage quit lol. Played Wolfenstien as a kid and have no reason to replay. I am a person that can't stand replaying games unless its multiplayer.

I also love my super Nintendo and dreamcast (borken right now...need to buy new one). I liked atari but dont own one. Never used C64

EDIT: Didn't realize Wallenstein was from 1981! Thats interesting. I started PC gaming with C&C, commander keen, Wolfenstien, Lord of the Realm, and a few others so all early 90s to mid 90s IIRC. When it started to get cool :D

Last edited:
37 years old. Currently have 2 kids who take up alot of my gaming time...3 year old and 4 month old.

I started with X-com, then Rainbow Six in the 90s. I was harcore into EQ1 (rainding) and loved every moment of it. SWG was next and met some good friends because of it.

I currently play Eve and a sprinkle of tf2 (soon adding Diable 3 again and FO4). I enjoy Eve because the rewards are like EQ...put in the work and you get rewarded

49 years old, I have been gamer since when i was 12 or 13 years old with my first Atari 2600 (wood model) played all day long, Atari games don't have saves, pause are pain in ass.

Current play few games GTA IV, MotoGP 13, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, Dead Island, CSGO.

I have about 276 games on steam, origin about 15 games, Uplay about 5 games.

Busy busy, Wife blah blah, kids screams, bills, lots of chores, Backlog games I have and it's so little time for me play.

^^^ The original R6 online was addictive as hell. I remember trying to host games on my DSL for 4 players. The original CS was fun as heck too. I wish more FPS games would adopt that model where you can be fully equipped and at equipment parity in just a few rounds. Now with games like BF4 you need to grind out levels for the unlocks... the exact reason I stopped playing WOW. :rolleyes:

^^^ The original R6 online was addictive as hell. I remember trying to host games on my DSL for 4 players. The original CS was fun as heck too. I wish more FPS games would adopt that model where you can be fully equipped and at equipment parity in just a few rounds. Now with games like BF4 you need to grind out levels for the unlocks... the exact reason I stopped playing WOW. :rolleyes:

yea I refuse to play BF now becuase of this leveling shit...I want a FPS not a FPSRPG. Why I really hate PS2 for many reasons.

46, still game pretty much every day. Partly due to my nice ergonomic desk chair being the only place I can site for very long due to my back. Dont watch much TV since our couch murders my back.

33 now and suddenly see lots of grey hairs in my beard *YIKES NOW I FEEL OLD!!!*

see no reason to stop being a pc gamer, we still represent the most hardcore/bleeding-edge gamers and that likely will never change, it's just a smaller crowd now compared to consoles/mobile/casuals

If you played this, you're officially an old fart:

v8hnx5.jpg

31 here. I suppose that's a youngin' compared to some of you, lol.
Married, 2 kids, still gaming when I have time.

I really liked the Zork's. Even though they were text, the story and descriptions really pulled me in as a kid.

"You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here."

Yes I played through all three Zork's and several of the other Infocom games ... great storytelling :cool:

Well I'm 66 years old just started FO4, and playing Portal Stories Mel, not as much has I used to but still enjoy gaming...really need manual saves that's for sure....lol

32 here and interest is really going down. I remember I was in HS when I first bought Fallout.

I've basically bought every single Fallout game (collectors if available) out of my love for the first game.

32 here and interest is really going down. I remember I was in HS when I first bought Fallout.

I've basically bought every single Fallout game (collectors if available) out of my love for the first game.

Your a few years older than me but do you remember HS/College. Might have been college for you. Joint Operations? It was a ridiculous game for the time 150 people in a single server. The game was plagued though with shit controls. It was still using original delta force scheme with no ability to use like extra mouse buttons and stuff.

Fallout 4 is keeping me going. First game in a very long time that will get a lot of play time and I won't get bored.

59 here, retired and play games 2-3 hours everyday. My father is 83 and is finishing up FONV and playing Black Ops 111 single player. He is waiting for Fallout 4 to drop, then he will be busy for the rest of this year and next with mods. He has close to 500 hrs in FONV. He has over 200 games on steam.

Lol, looking forward to my kids posting this in the future. :D

31 here and will continue to play until i cant.

I started on Commodore / 64, Amiga, Atari, first FPS was doom. Fantasy Empires ftw! Went through many titles, quake, ctf, tf, red alert, warcraft, cs beta, r6, to get hooked on EQ and WoW, but FPS is the love of my life.......well my wife and 3 kids come first obviously.

Last edited:

Not feeling as chipper as you once were? They got a pill for that you know.

I love this thread. I'm 29 and waaaay more into games than anyone I personally know. I have zero plans of ever stopping.

I love this thread. I'm 29 and waaaay more into games than anyone I personally know. I have zero plans of ever stopping.

I've been playing games longer than most have been alive so I don't see a reason to stop. I think most old farts stop playing once they have kids. That sort of kills whatever little time you have left.

With all these responses, makes me want to keep playing LOL. I pretty much limited my games to first person shooters, but I have played others like Orcs and Humans. I just saw in the hot deals section that you can pick up Rainbow 6 1 and 2 for $2 each at Amazon. Never played these before so I may have to pick them up.

The first Rainbow Six is also on Gog.com. It's $10, but at least you'll have support. (GOG optimizes the launchers to run legacy games on modern systems)

The first Rainbow Six is also on Gog.com. It's $10, but at least you'll have support. (GOG optimizes the launchers to run legacy games on modern systems)

for the most part. some games are a bit glitchy plus DRM free so you can install a buncu of tmes share and get friends to play

I just turned 41 today and stayed home from work to play Star Wars:Battlefront all day

43 here...800 hrs into BF4 not to mention similar hrs into BF2 & BF3. Picked up Star Wars BF...looks great, but shallow. Bored after 4 hrs...Back to BF4!

I'm 56, going on 80, and if it wasn't for WoWs and iRacing, I'd probably be planting flowers or some other silly shit.

I'm 56, going on 80, and if it wasn't for WoWs and iRacing, I'd probably be planting flowers or some other silly shit.

Maybe we need a flower simulator 2016 for you ... or angry grandpa - get off my lawn edition :D

Started on the atari 2600 in 77, combat and skydiver were the only games I had for a looooong time. My first RPG was Pool of Radiance on an Apple II https://youtu.be/GLzWR1qtXpM I played doom and wolfenstien but the first FPS I really got in to was Hexen then descent

Started on the atari 2600 in 77, combat and skydiver were the only games I had for a looooong time. My first RPG was Pool of Radiance on an Apple II https://youtu.be/GLzWR1qtXpM I played doom and wolfenstien but the first FPS I really got in to was Hexen then descent

I always forget the name b7t there wa a cool fps where u were a fallen angel. It was pretty cool. I need to find it and play it again

Oh yeah! I forgot about Descent! Damn. That was a blast multiplayer game. I should have kept a log of all the games I've played on the pc.

Just curious, as I turned 60 this year, I play one game consistently: TF2. The other game I bought last year was Wolfenstein. I finished it, but I have replayed it twice. In my younger years, I use to play a lot more games. I guess I just can't sit down for hours on end playing games anymore due to the physical punishment of sitting down for a long time.

In the mid 90's, my son and I would go to lan parties. One party we went to in San Diego had over 50 people that attended an all nighter. Early in the next morning, they gave out prizes on who won during the clash. I got 20th place for playing Quake out of 50 gamers, and my son got 25th place for Quake also. I did receive a prize for being the oldest one there at 40 something, and my son got one for being the youngest at 10.

My handle for playing TF2 is "OldMan1955". So any of you old farts here still play?

Your my dad's age. We played a lot of Doom and Quake over LAN when I was growing up in the 90s. My old man still plays, but he's on FarCry pretty much exclusively. The only time he stopped playing FarCry was for FC2, then stopp FC2 for FC3, and so on... :D

Back