How many of you think VR is the next "BIG THANG?"

• YES, been there, done that, and it rocked.

• NO, I am fine with my desktop thank you!

• DUNNO, because I have not experienced it. Please come show me!

Results are only viewable after voting.
For non VR games that work with VorpX, are there problems as in gun sights, menu's etc? VorpX does allow playing AAA titles in VR I am just wondering in general your experience so far on different games. There are many that are supported like GTA V, Crysis 3, FarCry 3 and 4 and so on. Of course you will need to drive those type of games with a good setup or very reduced settings - anyways please share any experience there.

I'd be curious about this as well.

You're probably smart waiting a year or two. That said, I do have a lot of fun with it now. Our rigs here on [H] could handle higher res for sure. Problem is if they do that it cuts down on the possible user base... I hope they do it, not convinced they will.

I do feel sore from yesterday. It put me through the ringer with those arcade games. I lift and run regularly too!

But yeah - I enjoy short round games. A lot of games looked meh, but I gave them a go, and they can be a ton of fun. So there's tons of games for me. Not a huge fan of RPGs on any platform, which, are limited right now.

They 1000% have to make a Jedi Knight though. That tease demo they have out... fuckers.
Trials on Tatooine on Steam

I might pick one up at some point used on eBay.

My office is small though, so I don't have room for a full HTC whole room setup.

I wonder if I could run an extension to my living room, the next room over...

I might pick one up at some point used on eBay.

My office is small though, so I don't have room for a full HTC whole room setup.

I wonder if I could run an extension to my living room, the next room over...

HDMI and USB generally extend really easily and cables are super cheap! I've run 30' no problem.

I like a little extra room just so when I am lobbing grenades I don't put a hole in my wall.

HDMI and USB generally extend really easily and cables are super cheap! I've run 30' no problem.

I like a little extra room just so when I am lobbing grenades I don't put a hole in my wall.

Nice. Is it just one HDMI run that is split by the headset to the separate eyes?

I already use my HDMI port for my monitor, so I'd have to unplug and replug, which would be a pain, but doable.

Nice. Is it just one HDMI run that is split by the headset to the separate eyes?

I already use my HDMI port for my monitor, so I'd have to unplug and replug, which would be a pain, but doable.

Yeah just one HDMI cable. It also has a mini dp on the link box I believe.

I didn't really look into it since I use HDMI.

image.jpg

For the Vive, you can hook it up via a mini display port cable as well... Or if you aren't using your card's DVI port, then this little adapter for $9 would fix you right up:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009YCASK2

41dIKhsuiOL._AC_UL115_.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh yeah - PS4 room scale is a joke. But I guess for $400.. it doesn't look so bad. Any kind of VR adoption probably is a good thing. Might be like a gateway drug.

I've been considering a wiring setup run under the house, but it might be more than 50+ ft and I'm not convinced that a 50 ft HDMI can push the Vive res at that distance.

Post #168 Tamalin did a good job on running VorpX down:
He was honest which is needed, it is a great tool.
I bought it as well. There are profiles built into it for many games but you may still want to tweak some.
Newer versions include newer profiles.
Very new games, you may be a beta tester/profile dev. If you wait for a profile, its much easier.

I dont use a VR headset any more so I cant help with it.

I've been considering a wiring setup run under the house, but it might be more than 50+ ft and I'm not convinced that a 50 ft HDMI can push the Vive res at that distance.
With genuine HDMI 2.0 capable wire it shouldnt be a problem, lower bandwidths will transmit very cleanly.
It only uses HDMI 1.4.

Back