How many of you pre-loaded Half-Life 2?

haroldmeyer

[H]ard|Gawd
Just wondering how many Half-life freaks out there did what I did,(pre-load Half-Life2) and it took four hours!

I did it yesterday actually, took me about 4 hours.. Max I can download at is 180k/sec... gotta love small town central Canadian ISPs :rolleyes:

Yup, all pre-loaded up here. It took a loooong time @ 30k/sec. I hate my countrys 'broadband' :(
I decided a while back I would buy it this way, the only thing about it that irks me is that Steam really is horrible software.

i did it from the beginning and it took about 10 minutes for each time...i was dling at around 2mbps so it went pretty fast :D and im on cable too. kinda surprised me.

UrTAlgol said:
Preloaded here... took 30 min. Gotta love campus T1 line

ojax said:
I did it yesterday actually, took me about 4 hours.. Max I can download at is 180k/sec... gotta love small town central Canadian ISPs :rolleyes:

you know whats funny? a T1 is 1.5 Mbit (~180K/sec) heh....

well i found it humourous.........

haroldmeyer said:
Just wondering how many Half-life freaks out there did what I did,(pre-load Half-Life2) and it took four hours!
I then pre-loaded my son's machine early in the morning, and it took less than an hour.I'll never try that again at "prime time".

I preloaded all three phases and then my hard drive started to f''up a few days later. Now I have to preload all over again. :mad:

At least the RC went to vivendi yesterday. Closer and closer, HL2 is coming.

Left it running on my laptop at work. Could have been 5 minutes, could have been 5 hours, but i was paid to get it ;)

I didn't preload. I plan on having the CDs in hand making it easier to reinstall after a format etc... I don't need the game badly enough to have it a few hours before everyone else... lol.

Back