How many of you make use of the 360 deg. function of MARS fan from In Win?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I figure all the rear, top, bottom and front fan should be sticked to the side as close as possible, so there is no need for a fan to extend out like that.

https://www.in-win.com/en/fans/mars/

so realistically, in what circumstances would you need to extend an arm like that inside your case?

To hit hard to reach areas like VRMs, etc., especially when you are running water cooling.

I hadn't seen these before, and I like the idea. Here's the big problem...

They want $59 for a fucking fan.

1) Is Aluminum necessary?

2) if you made a fan that noone else makes, noone comes up w/ that idea, you'll charge $59 too

No I wouldn't. It's a case fan. Case fans are worth $5 to $20 depending on the quality. I wouldn't think that I could sell a product for triple the high end prices and think that people would buy it.

In 2 years this product will be off the market. If they charged $25 for it or a plastic variant of it, people would buy it.

there is some R&D cost to come up w/ the idea, but I won't buy it for $59 neither. The bottom, front, top fan should do the job for me, as I don't do water cooling

1) Is Aluminum necessary?

2) if you made a fan that noone else makes, noone comes up w/ that idea, you'll charge $59 too

It's stupidly over engineered. Remember back in the late 90's/early 2000's when you could buy those 60mm fans on a flexible arm and literally attach it to any screw mount in your case? Now those were useful. This thing looks ugly.

Nobody is laughing that they're recommending that you strap their expensive fan to an existing fan on the webpage for "efficiency"?

I'm dying. Oh god what a waste of time and money.

Nobody is laughing that they're recommending that you strap their expensive fan to an existing fan on the webpage for "efficiency"?

I'm dying. Oh god what a waste of time and money.
I mean, who doesn't want 240$ in fans on one side of their rad.... Double that for 480$ for a push-pull setup.

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME

Better yet, you can remove a fan during "intense gaming sessions" and use it as a desk fan to cool yourself!

What the actual shit, In-Win?

In Win and Lian Li and other companies that do stupid and crazy shit like this need to be encouraged not shit on. It might not be the pinnacle of product evolution but this is how you get cool shit like the rest of what they're making nowadays. Give me another fucking yacht case from Lian Li any day if they come out with another V3000 like I'm building.

Back