How many of you are WCing a 5970/5870/5850 or planning to?

damnathan

Limp Gawd
Just curious about how many people are using these cards/planning to use them with watercooling and what waterblocks/full coverages you're using or planning to use.

Thanks for any input.

Using a Sapphire HD5870 with a Danger Den Summit 5870/5850 block.

img0480ta.jpg
img0487fu.jpg

I think you would almost have to watercool the 5970 to get a good overclock, right?

Shit just getting rid of the noise of the fan @ 100% is worth the watercooling... Its not nearly as annoying as my Diamond 4870x2 but its pretty loud in its own right.

Using a Sapphire HD5870 with a Danger Den Summit 5870/5850 block.

img0480ta.jpg
img0487fu.jpg

BeavermanA. This is a beautiful setup. I'm curious about the rest of your loop. Which radiator and fans, reservoir, pump and tubing. How did you mount the pump in the bottom of the 800D case?

Thanks,

x509

This was my first time trying water-cooling so went with relatively cheap parts in custom water cooling terms.

Using a Swiftech MCR320 with 3 120x38mm 1,000rpm Scythe Ultra Kaze fans, an EK Dual Bay Spin reservoir, a MCP 350 pump with black 3/8-5/8 Primochill tubing.

I just stuck the included screws that came with the pump through the bottom optional fan vents in the bottom. I'm planning on moving it up to the main compartment probably above the psu after drilling a couple holes. Can't put the dust filter in the bottom how it is now.

Just waiting on a aftermarket top that I can use G1/4 barbs with for the pump. That's why I left plenty of slack in my tubes cause I knew I'd move it around, especially as I plan to get a X58 board and i7 cpu very soon, and want to WC the northbridge and cpu in one loop, and add another for just the gfx card.

This was my first time trying water-cooling so went with relatively cheap parts in custom water cooling terms.

Using a Swiftech MCR320 with 3 120x38mm 1,000rpm Scythe Ultra Kaze fans, an EK Dual Bay Spin reservoir, a MCP 350 pump with black 3/8-5/8 Primochill tubing.

I just stuck the included screws that came with the pump through the bottom optional fan vents in the bottom. I'm planning on moving it up to the main compartment probably above the psu after drilling a couple holes. Can't put the dust filter in the bottom how it is now.

Just waiting on a aftermarket top that I can use G1/4 barbs with for the pump. That's why I left plenty of slack in my tubes cause I knew I'd move it around, especially as I plan to get a X58 board and i7 cpu very soon, and want to WC the northbridge and cpu in one loop, and add another for just the gfx card.

thank you for the quick reply.

Did you by any chance consider other pumps, say the MCP 655? Is the 350 strong enough to give you good flow through your loop? I am going to do a loop with CPU and GPU in one loop, on an ASUS X58 board. I am planning to aircool the NB/SB and MOSFETs.

It's a bummer than you can't install the dust filter right now.

x509

Yea I considered the mcp655, main concern was noise level, and the 350 is a bit quieter. The little 350 seems to do a fine job at moving the water, can see it flowing into my res. I'm sure a 655 would keep things a bit cooler but I'm not doing anything extreme here. Hadn't planned to add the gpu to it, heck I didn't even plan to get a 5870 but well ya know.....

Have a Koolance full coverage block on mine, it does the job.
I'm running the 655 but I have it turned way down. Running it above 3 creates a vortex effect coming out of the video card.
HPIM0401.jpg

I did a lot of modification to the motherboard tray in this Lian Li B-70 to route the cables the way I wanted. Towards the end I kinda gave up, that and the front panel cables weren't quite long enough to do what I wanted, so it looks a bit messy.

For case cooling I have the two 140mm case fans suckin in the front and a 120mm fan suckin in the back. All exhaust air comes through the 3 120mm fans at the top through the radiator. The fan in the back does a fairly decent job of keeping the mosfets cool, the only part I was worried about going to water, well that and leaks...

Back