How many games have you refunded?

Usually I don't get refunds on FPS games (I can do the research on game-play videos) the one exception is Doom Eternal - that stupid Gymnastic bar long jump convinced me that everyone complaining was right, and they went fucking overboard on thee added platforming.

I get refunds on side-scrollers more often because the mechanics/difficult-curve for each one are hard to determine until you actually play it. I don't want to be stuck with another hundred games in my Steam library I will never play again, and the refund means I can justify buying the next one on my list. :D

One recent refunded game was Bloostained (weapons felt hollow and unbalanced, for a Symphony of the Night clone, and I didn'tr enjoy ther firstt boss battle using them).
I don't know what you mean regarding Bloodstained. I used a far wider variety of weapons in it than I ever did in Symphony. If you only played to the first boss you severely missed out on a great game.

I returned one original playstation game(no idea what it was). Someone took the gameplay disc and replaced it with a metallica garage days re re visited cd. It must have happened before because the store didnt blink an eye. No grief at all, just gave me my money back. Weirdest shit ever.
Ive never returned a pc game.

I don't know what you mean regarding Bloodstained. I used a far wider variety of weapons in it than I ever did in Symphony. If you only played to the first boss you severely missed out on a great game.

For me it doesn't have quite the fluid feel of SotN, or some modern games of this style. HOWEVER, I actually got sidetracked with other games when it released (and I was waiting for some improvements initially). I'm guessing I will like it once I give it a proper chance, but it did feel a little off when I first started it. Now, with everything they've tweaked, added, fine tuned, etc. I will definitely have to give it another go. I have hopped in a few times here or there, and made a bit more progress, but then it feels a bit disjointed. Thinking I might want to start over completely. That might help. (as soon as I'm done with Cyber Shadow I think) I don't typically juggle multiple games in the same genre. :D

For me it doesn't have quite the fluid feel of SotN, or some modern games of this style. HOWEVER, I actually got sidetracked with other games when it released (and I was waiting for some improvements initially). I'm guessing I will like it once I give it a proper chance, but it did feel a little off when I first started it. Now, with everything they've tweaked, added, fine tuned, etc. I will definitely have to give it another go. I have hopped in a few times here or there, and made a bit more progress, but then it feels a bit disjointed. Thinking I might want to start over completely. That might help. (as soon as I'm done with Cyber Shadow I think) I don't typically juggle multiple games in the same genre. :D
The game admittedly does feel a lot better than it did on release. It felt a little choppy even on PC and seemed like some inputs were being eaten when I was playing it on release. I recently played through it a month ago and it felt good.

The game admittedly does feel a lot better than it did on release. It felt a little choppy even on PC and seemed like some inputs were being eaten when I was playing it on release. I recently played through it a month ago and it felt good.
While I like the game I agree. Something just felt off with the game and I couldn't quite place what it was. I haven't touched it since release tho.

It's too bad that Steam hadn't implemented refunds back when I bought Rage for ten bucks. it was a complete waste of money for that.

I now have it sitting on my list pf Bad Games, (taunting me whenever I think of repaying a potentially good game I potentially misjudged years later) :D

I gave it a single replay a few years back, and it still sucked so hard I barely completed the first mission - the "open-world" map had obvious invisible walls (tiny obstructions that a beefcake like you should have been able to jump over, but cant!) forcing you to mostly keep to the road surface in-between missions. Game is only "open-world" in-theory!

Last edited:
I might have refunded a single game. Honestly, I'm not sure though. Lol

A good number. Don't know how many. Some I never played just changed my mind. I try not to make it a habit. Some games absolutely deserved it though. Broken, incomplete pieces of trash.

Maybe 10-12? I bought Elite Dangerous 2 and refunded twice. Wasn't sure I could get into it. Now I have a free copy courtesy of Epic. Maybe one of these days I'll finally give it a try. I never installed or tried the game yet.

Honestly, none. I usually wait to read the reviews before buying. If the reviews are shitty I don't buy unless I feel its a game i might really like.

I've refunded a lot of games, I lost count of how many probably 30 or 40. Usually it is because the game went on sale a few days after buying it or I found a deal somewhere else. The only game I refunded because I didn't like it was No Mans Sky during its launch week, I have rebought it since though.

I refund any game I do not enjoy playing or feel like it is not worth the price paid. Sometimes it is a technical issue, other times a wonky control scheme, no key rebinds, etc. I really appreciate the policies and do not abuse them, but it is nice that I do not have to be stuck with something I do not want.

I refund when they don't work on my system, when Steam charges more than the advertised price, and for lack of key rebinding.

Single digits out of hundreds.

I feel like I pretty rarely actually buy something I don't like. When it happens, I'm usually caught off guard.

Last one was Doom Eternal I think. Loved the first one, couldn't get into it in 2 hours. Oh well.

One. Cyberpunk. Not because I was bitter or angry about it's release state. Just decided I would buy it when/if I ever get my EVGA 3080 step-up. I still have the Witcher 3 in my backlog. PLENTY to keep me busy.

Not nearly enough.
Iknoright ugh, games I should have refunded: Star Citizen, Escape From Tarkov (hackers gallore), DayZ to name a few... Oh well live and learn, at the end of the day I feel like I paid for the idea and that's worth it alone so developers don't get discouraged when doing something different/impossible lol

None.

I check out the initial reviews and avoid beta testing or games that sound bad. Later on if things get fixed and I'm interested I'll buy. That has worked pretty well for me over the years.

One of the Batman titles (can't recall which) where they had promised SLI support, but ended up not adding.

I should probably have returned dozens more that were broken and/or incomplete.

Only one: Cyperpunk2077.

I knew I should have waited till it hit $5 for GOTY edition.

A lot more than I ever have, new games mostly suck. I really dislike Steam's return policy though now that I've had to use it.

1.) Tyranny (rpg game): Ran into a game-breaking bug and I had to backtrack through hours of saves to undo it. Lost all interest after that for a mediocre game. Steam denied my return.
2.) Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition: Played about 30minutes. They didn't really improve anything that BG + Tutu offers, so I tried a refund. Too much time had elapsed between when I had bought it until when I had played it so return denied again.
3.) Baldur's Gate 3: Returned on gog.com (return process is a hassle, but they have a really good return policy on early access games unlike Steam, which screws you). This game combines the worst aspects of D&D with the worst aspects of Larian's games, is in a buggier state than expected, and overall just wasn't what I was looking for. I was hoping for something that played like DA:O with better graphics and maybe more tactical gameplay.

2 or 3 for me over however many years steam has been around. Haven't refunded one in a long time.

Once I bought Fallout 76 on Xbox when I was drunk off my ass and thought I was / trying to launch it on my PS4. I think that was the only game I ever refunded. I called Xbox support the next day after I sobered up.

21 Refunds. I can recall beating at least a few of the titles I refunded. Some titles I refunded past the 5 hour mark. If I'm not completely psyched about the game at the 2 hour mark I'll likely refund it.

10-15 or so. Game looks interesting so buy and insteall. Play for 30 minutes and nope out to get a refund. I just can't find anything I want to play anymore.

2, Verdun and BeamNG Drive. Both games are praised by the people who play them, but I can't see why.

Verdun could be a good game but it's ruined by the ranking system. No one really talks about the fact that when you start as a new player you're level 1, there is only one server you can play on and you start with only a pistol. Everyone else is running around with sniper rifles so it's impossible to try to rank up because you'll be taken out before you can even see anyone. What's more there are a few other game modes where you could try to attempt to practice in, but those are locked and you have to rank up before you can try them.

BeamNG Drive: The issue with this game is that I knew it was going to be crude, but you don't get a sense of how crude by watching others play it. They have all of this fancy stuff set up so show you cool things, not realizing there weren't any templates or anything when I tried it last. I think you got a car and blank map or something and that was it.

I have never refunded money for a game because I choose games very thoroughly and I really like all the games I buy. And it also helps to download the pirated version of the game and understand how much I like it

So far, I don't believe I have refunded any games....Probably should break that record sometime =).

Back