[H]ard|Gawd
How well would:

Intel i5 750 processor
MSI P55-CD53 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
4GB DDR3 1066
GTX260 896MB
500GB Samsung Spinpoint
Windows 7

Run the original EQ with everything maxed? I'm guessing very well?

I ran a quake3 timedemo on my i7 system for kicks and it finished in literally a blink of an eye. Funny stuff.

original eq is the best mmo ever, if you want old school eq play it for mac.. only up to pop on that server.. decent population there also.

You actually need to ask?

More than your monitor can display, that's for sure.

You actually need to ask?

More than your monitor can display, that's for sure.

actually not, in crowded areas like guild hall and pok/bazaar you will be looking at 30-40's I would guess. Its not from pc performance though, just network lag and such.

actually not, in crowded areas like guild hall and pok/bazaar you will be looking at 30-40's I would guess. Its not from pc performance though, just network lag and such.

He asked for original EQ. That would mean very fast. The expansions have so many areas that are not programed well and it causes allot of machine lag.

He asked for original EQ. That would mean very fast. The expansions have so many areas that are not programed well and it causes allot of machine lag.

original eq, meaning eqlive.. first everquest. You can play everquest with no expansions, even progression server still uses latest engine, they just activate expansions as they get unlocked. Alot of poor performance in eq is due to poor code I am sure, even with the latest and greatest systems.

It won't run, you need quad SLI to run that shit.
Really, why do people ask these questions? Must be ePen0r bragging season or something.

Yes because network lag would cause low FPS.

Yes because network lag would cause low FPS.

Never played EQ before huh? It is one of the most horribly coded engines ever. I haven't played in several years, but network lag would cause some serious FPS problems in that game. I think it was waiting for a lot of serverside updates for local animations.

I remember several times before they implemented instancing that 3 or 4 guilds would be raiding the same zone at the same time. It would often drop to 2-5 FPS even on very high end machines.

The original should run fine, although the zone Plane of Water could possibly tax your system with a raid force of 60+ (60+ users constantly going through the swimming animation, in addition to the spell particles and fighting animations)

EQ is the type of game it doesn't matter how much hardware you have it's just gonna lag in some situations like on Raids with full partical effects.

I just started playing again on an Emu server. There is also one that just came out that revertst he game back to how it was in 1999, before SOE bleep it up. Woot to hell levels ^_^.

I just started playing again on an Emu server. There is also one that just came out that revertst he game back to how it was in 1999, before SOE bleep it up. Woot to hell levels ^_^.

a new server without expansions?

Back