how low can you get your cpu temp on air? beat 21C

fr33ze

Gawd
recently did some mods to my case to aid airflow and overclocking (links here) and my temps dropped all round.

just applied some as5 and set my cpu speed to stock to let it set and was pleasently surprised to see my cpu temp averaging 23C, sometimes as low as 21. just so you know my case temp is between 19 and 21.

post what results you guys have got, air cooling only though, phase change is cheating.

set up with the door open to the outside. Mobo temp reads N/A because ambient was below 0c.

24067_3dmark01.jpg

Not to burst your bubble. But you can't say "beat 21c" .. we need to know the ROOM temperature. Then you minus that from 21c and you'll end up with a final number. That's how you compare temperatures fairly. I live in the desert and I get 25C overclocked 550mhz.

Plus, there wouldn't be beating ^^^ :)

Yeah, it depends a lot on your room temp. It's -15C outside right now, so I could go set my computer up in my garage with the door open, take the side off my case, turn my Tornado up to full blast, and probably get to 0C if not lower. Aircooling depends a lot on the ambient temp. If you live in an icebox, you'll have better temps than if you live in a sauna.

i know the temps depend on room temperature so thats fair enough, using a multi meter with temp probe my room temp is 19/20c (admitadly its a cheap multimeter so this could be out by a couple of degrees) and currently my case temp is 21 and cpu temp 23. so 3/4 C above ambient aint that bad.

btw Johnyblaze thats a pretty nice oc, highest ive seen a 2.4, why dont you post your scores URL=http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=713338&perpage=&pagenumber=1]here[/URL]

something makes me think thats another ambient temp probe and not CPU...run prime95 for 10 minutes, then IMMEDIATLY reboot as quickly as possible, go into BIOS, and see what it says there

Originally posted by kronchev
something makes me think thats another ambient temp probe and not CPU...run prime95 for 10 minutes, then IMMEDIATLY reboot as quickly as possible, go into BIOS, and see what it says there

believe me its not an ambient probe, it is the cpu, its been up to 45 before when heavily overclocked and on full load with a lot of dust bunnies about. i won't lie it is idle temp on a non overclocked cpu but i still think its pretty good.

ok this isn't air, but I'm at 26-27c @ 1.775vcore and 3.58ghz running 2x prime95 torture. That's 4-5c rise. I just took off my heatspreader, reapplied thermal compound to the core (obviously), lapped the white water, and put it back, tightened as far as it would go on the posts :). Also put as5 on northbridge, and running 33c on that @ 255fsb full load (about 26c idle). Idle for my cpu is about 23-24 c (1-2c above ambient). Before taking off the heatspreader I would idle at ~27, and had seen 33c at load before (same room temp). oh and that is with a 7v modded fan on the radiator.

left my window open and got 17 C which was room temperature. Closed the window the room got to normal temps and it never got above 22 C for the rest of the day. The aerocool dp102 likes to hold the cool temps once the die is cold to begin with.

Back