How long would you wait for Shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maori80

[H]ard|Gawd
how long would you wait for someone to ship the item? bought something here on Feb 28th, Seller Packaged and send the Shipping label on the March 2nd. but checking USPS now, still showing Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item. I got hold the seller, and he said the usps station got the package but hasn't scanned into the system ? but its being almsot 10 days? how long would you have to wait before ask for money back?

This is why when I drop off a package I always ask for a receipt (so the person will scan it right away) to prove that USPS has the package. A little of waiting in line but that can eliminate some of the problems.

10 days is too long. USPS should scan same day you give it to them. Now if you put it in the lobby box after hours, it might be the next day it is scanned. If the seller has a good trade history, then maybe you can wait a few more days but at this point I would request a refund with the promise to resend payment if item shows up.

OP, this happens all the time to resellers on ebay, etc. I see resellers complaining on the forums (including FB) that they are held hostage to the USPS. Unless the seller gets a receipt, they have no way of proving that it has even been shipped. Yes, the seller should have gotten a receipt, scanned it, and sent you a copy but if the seller actually did ship, the item is in transit. If you receive a refund AND the item shows up at your door ... will you pay to ship it back?

BTW, if the seller is a legit forum member then it is probably in transit. Who was the seller?

I would request a refund with the promise to resend payment if item shows up.
Isn't this somewhat complicated by the way paypal keeps their cut of fees, even if the payment is refunded? I agree that 10 days is getting a bit long for no tracking status update but I did have two weeks of no movement in USPS during this past Christmas.

While it could be a problem with the seller, it could also be a problem with USPS. I had to stop using them as a courier two years ago because I had more than a few packages disappear en-route to the destination and were never seen again.

Their service has gotten so bad that Fedex can get a package to a USPS P.O. Box across the country faster than they can, and reliably get it there every time.

This is a seller issue not USPS. I've been shipping stuff for many years and I always get a receipt from USPS. If you don't it usually scans that night with an update. 10 days is way too long and USPS never got the package then. There is no doubt in my mind this seller maybe scamming you. If not, he needs to show proof or contact USPS on his end. But he needs to give you a refund if not.

+1 on what NIZMOZ said. Always wait in line and get a receipt to make sure they scanned it, if not it'll usually show up scanned/in-transit later in the day or the next. At 10 days, a USPS priority package should've been delivered already.

I’d ask for the receipt from the shipment. If it can’t be provided I’d request a refund. If that goes south I’d contact PayPal if that’s how you paid with g&s.

Assuming the seller used priority mail, 10 days is about double the typical ETA for domestic priority mail. Considering there's no major blizzard/storm or other explainable service interruptions, I think you've waited long enough.

From the seller's perspective, I've stopped using USPS because they're so bad at scanning drop-offs/pick-ups. Twice in the last 6 months I've had items that were picked up by a USPS courier go completely un-scanned until they arrived at the destination's shipment center. USPS themselves don't even seem to have a procedure ironed out to handle these miss-scans. The first time I opened an investigation, USPS had the destination facility contact me and the guy was ornery and annoyed, "I dont know why they're having me call you. I can't do anything. Your package wasn't scanned. You have to call your local post office." Local post office doesn't even have a direct number, so I had to go back through the entire call tree, wait for some outsourced Filipino call center agent to go over the entire issue again. Fortunately, the next day my package finally scanned in at the destination facility. I chalked it up to the hurricane (at the time) which created a delay, but missing the arrival scan in conjunction with an un-announced delay will peeve just about every shipper.

FYI UPS is not perfect either. I had an Amazon return that showed scanned in at the local UPS branch (I had receipt and tracking #) and that was the last time it was ever updated. Thankfully Amazon refunded me anyways.

Last edited:
Just for some additional input, I had an issue once where I was shipping an item to a friend... so I wasn't overly concerned with getting proof I shipped it. I scheduled a pickup with USPS instead of going to post office.

The pickup day comes and item is gone off porch, great. Except their system still just showed "Label created, awaiting package" or whatever that statement is the next day. Now I'm freaking out the item was just stolen.

The next day same thing. And then the next... except my friend tells me he got the item. Their system didn't update with any status until the following day after he received it.

I was pretty mad at the time because it was like a decently spec'ed monitor and wasn't exactly cheap. But it does go to show their system can not be accurate. And I wouldn't be surprised if both their system was inaccurate and their shipping processes were behind.

I would assume though that by now we have an answer... I'm very curious!

FYI UPS is not perfect either. I had an Amazon return that showed scanned in at the local UPS branch (I had receipt and tracking #) and that was the last time it was ever updated. Thankfully Amazon refunded me anyways.
Just FYI the tracking number UPS gives you for amazon packages on your receipt is not actually the tracking number for your item. Why this is? I have no idea but it's definitely stupid.

From my understanding is that UPS does a bulk shipment back to Amazon Returns. So initial receipt is all you will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back