How long will Zen 3 be supported?

Supported by who? Linux is considering dropping support for 486s, but Intel dropped support a long time ago.

Zen3 is already not supported.
You need to buy new motherboard and processor. No way around it 😖

Zen3 is already not supported.
You need to buy new motherboard and processor. No way around it 😖

OP never actually defined what he/she meant by "supported", and now you are randomly throwing the word around also.

There are no future CPUs planned for AM4 that I know of, but OP didn't mention AM4, he/she mentioned "Zen 3". Zen 3 CPUs are still being sold, and presumably those CPUs are still "supported" by AMD to the same extent as any other CPUs that they are still selling new. Not to mention that a 5800X3D (Zen3) actually outperforms most Zen 4 CPUs in many gaming scenarios.

So again, this entire thread is pointless unless the OP actually clarifies what exactly he/she is asking.

You need to clarify exactly what you as asking. What sort of "support" are you talking about?

I mean support in the form of bios updates, fixing (if any) lingering issues with stability, performance, controllers, etc. on the AM4 platform.

I assume AMD does this, or is it the mobo companies?

I mean support in the form of bios updates, fixing (if any) lingering issues with stability, performance, controllers, etc. on the AM4 platform.

I assume AMD does this, or is it the mobo companies?
Both, and we have almost no way of knowing. Technically if you dig into the EULA, they'll have some term defined (generally 3-5 years after EoS), but often times updates come out for longer if a critical issue is found - or if none, you'll see no updates sooner. It all depends.

Back