How long will a radioator last me?

At first I was considering buying a 360 radiator but then I saw a massive radiator that can be run on the sidedoor outside of case and it cost around ~ twice the price of a 360 radiator.

So if this thing lasts me atleast 10years it is IMO well spent money, reason for getting a massive external radiator is it does not need any fans or wery wery low rpm

Be aware, you dont want to choose a radiator that will kill your flow rate. You may need a bigger, more power consuming, 120v pump as your lines and radiator get bigger. I am by no means a water cooling expert. But, I would put more thought into it than biggest==best.

If you haven't yet, I'd do some reading at http://skinneelabs.com/

And radiators will last a very very very long time. I can't see one not lasting you 10 years. They're not exposed to a lot of elements. Adding some biocide to your coolant will keep the insides clean.

As long as you maintain it properly, it'll probably last forever.

If that big radiator you are looking at is made of aluminum, I would take a pass. Otherwise your typical copper/brass radiator is going to last a long time in a PC environment. Assuming you keep it clean, you'll get years of use out of it...10+ doesn't seem unreasonable.
The biggest killer of radiators in my experience is moving them from case to case. Each time you move and reinstall it you risk damaging the fins and tubes. But if you are careful, then even that isn't much of a risk. I bet the paint flakes off ruining its look long before its stops functioning as a radiator.

If that big radiator you are looking at is made of aluminum, I would take a pass. Otherwise your typical copper/brass radiator is going to last a long time in a PC environment. Assuming you keep it clean, you'll get years of use out of it...10+ doesn't seem unreasonable.
The biggest killer of radiators in my experience is moving them from case to case. Each time you move and reinstall it you risk damaging the fins and tubes. But if you are careful, then even that isn't much of a risk. I bet the paint flakes off ruining its look long before its stops functioning as a radiator.

Ok, seems like the radiator should have copper pipes as Aluminium is wery bad!

I'm looking at external radiator to put on side door on behind motherboard side so I can keep a 230mm fan blowing on the other sidedoor for GPU's.

Is it wise put a 480 radiator externaly on top off Haf 932 and another radiator on the sidedoor where there is no fans?

I replaced my mora1 radiator last week after it ran for over 10 years in 3 or 4 different cases, and the radiator itself was still fine I just wanted to use the mora3 because it has proper connections and is even larger. (The mora 1 just has 10mm or 12mm tubes coming out the back, and the connection between that and my case always was a bit iffy.)

Back