how long does it take to ship items from USA to Canada these days?

amd7674

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been waiting for 15+ business days for a CPU HSF to arrive from Florida to Ottawa, Ontario. :eek::confused: The guy used USPS, he said he threw away the receipt so he doesn't have any proof he sent me the package. I told him I'll wait till this Friday (19+ business days since he sent the package) and then I'll escalate the issue to paypal claim, and he agreed to pay, since he doesn't want to ruin his reputation for $25.

Whats sux about it is that I've been already scammed by LogitechFreak for NIB Zalman 9500 CPU HSF for $25. What are the chances of that happening :mad: I don't want to reveal his name on the forum, since I still believe in people, however my penitent are running very low....:(

I've never had this problems before.....:mad:

Does anybody experiance this kind of shipment delays? A week ago I got yate loons from san jose after a week, so why in the hell is taking this package so long !!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

First, only a scammer or an idiot throws away the shipping receipt. Not just for the buyer's sake, but for their own as well, just in case the buyer wants to claim you never sent out a package.

Second, what method did he use to ship? The travel time varies greatly depending on the method.

Third, yes, I've experienced delays of up to 4 weeks quite often (it may have something to do with my name sounding like a terrorist :p), and on rare occasions I'll receive a package after 7-8 days. It seems like it really depends on how your customs officer is feeling on the particular day your package hits the border.

All in all, if you don't get your package after 15 business days, something may be up (unless he picked the slowest possible method to ship).

I have bought two things from users in Canada and both items took about 3 weeks to get to me. I also sold one thing shipped through USPS and it took about a month. I did however made sure I kept my receipt to make sure peeps don't think I am lying. Hope it all works well for you. Although I didn't get scammed by Logitech he beat me to at least 2 deals on items that he surely purchased with other peoples funds. Wish you luck in that situation as well.

Yeah. I recently shipped a Zune to Canada. Customs ripped the package open to inspect it. Took about 2 and a half weeks from Southern IL via USPS Priority mail. Also the guy had to pay $45 for tax (or something). I really dislike shipping up there.... :(

thanks guys for kind words. He said he used USPS 6-10 business days shipping method. I''ve already told him that if he wasn't a scammer his trading habits are poor... Anyways I'll wait till Friday....... :mad: I might in meantime make another posting about looking for CPU HSF, maybe it takes three times to find an honest seller, hopefully I'm wrong about this guy....:(

Yeah. I recently shipped a Zune to Canada. Customs ripped the package open to inspect it. Took about 2 and a half weeks from Southern IL via USPS Priority mail. Also the guy had to pay $45 for tax (or something). I really dislike shipping up there.... :(

I don't blame you guys .... :rolleyes:

You just need to learn the customs game. ;)

Shipping values > $60 = me love taxes. Shipping with anything except USPS for values over $30 = brokerage rape (though I've heard the more expensive shipping charges have brokerage included; best to call and find out).

I think we may need to write up an international shipping guide for the forum, so that both first-time international buyers and sellers understand how everything works, and they won't have to learn the hard way like we did.

I always thought USPS shipping is brokerage fee free, where UPS and Fedex were charging brokerage fees. Even though, I've paid for the item (Ninja CPU HSF) $25 including shipping, which in my case no matter what shipment method was used should be exempted from brokerage fee charges...

I have shipped ups to Canada sent item as a return with a super low value and the guy didnt have to pay any customs fees he claimed. i have shipped to Canada planty of times and has never taken this long.

I also know who the seller is and i had a great transaction with the guy; however I live in The us just as the shipper does. I got super fast shipping and item exactly as he described with good packaging. I think there is a method of shipping usps that can take up to 4 weeks to deliver, but that may just be overseas. I sent a package through a shipping store and they screwed up and sent it turtle mode. after 3 weeks the guy claimed he didnt get the item and i shipped in a way thet had no tracking overseas. I felt bad and refunded his money and told him if he recieved the package to just keep it as well.

I hope your package didnt get lost. I have also had a package shipped and sent back once cause a form got left out or something like that. anyways best of luck to you. I didnt have any problems with my transaction with this seller and I dont think he is trying to scam you; probably just something wrong with post office or maybe something is wrong with documentation and customs is trying to get a hold of someone; if they cant after 3 days i think they will send it back to the shipper.

I have shipped ups to Canada sent item as a return with a super low value and the guy didnt have to pay any customs fees he claimed. i have shipped to Canada planty of times and has never taken this long.

I also know who the seller is and i had a great transaction with the guy; however I live in The us just as the shipper does. I got super fast shipping and item exactly as he described with good packaging. I think there is a method of shipping usps that can take up to 4 weeks to deliver, but that may just be overseas. I sent a package through a shipping store and they screwed up and sent it turtle mode. after 3 weeks the guy claimed he didnt get the item and i shipped in a way thet had no tracking overseas. I felt bad and refunded his money and told him if he recieved the package to just keep it as well.

I hope your package didnt get lost. I have also had a package shipped and sent back once cause a form got left out or something like that. anyways best of luck to you. I didnt have any problems with my transaction with this seller and I dont think he is trying to scam you; probably just something wrong with post office or maybe something is wrong with documentation and customs is trying to get a hold of someone; if they cant after 3 days i think they will send it back to the shipper.

That is why I didn't want to reveal his name and ruin his reputation. I'm still hoping the package will somehow find its way to my house this week. However the whole LF fiasco didn't help. Btw...the seller said he used 6-10 business days international USPS. Also I wouldn't be freaking out if I he showed me a proof of shipment/receipt which he threw away :(

I just recently completed a cross-trade with Ne0rC, where he sent out on October 16, and it didn't arrive in Canada until November 5. Same deal, sent through USPS because of the no brokerage thing. The sad thing is that his arrived in the US within 7 days.

It just goes to show that everything sucks in Canada. :mad:

I think we may need to write up an international shipping guide for the forum, so that both first-time international buyers and sellers understand how everything works, and they won't have to learn the hard way like we did.

This is a very good idea!

I just recently completed a cross-trade with Ne0rC, where he sent out on October 16, and it didn't arrive in Canada until November 5. Same deal, sent through USPS because of the no brokerage thing. The sad thing is that his arrived in the US within 7 days.

It just goes to show that everything sucks in Canada. :mad:

cept the loonie :D:D:D

it takes time..
even if i use express overnight mail to china.
it takes avg, 3 days.

heres a tip , you need to make sure CLEARLY with your buyer.
ask for declare value.
ask if he wants full value for insurance purposes and such. = tax , vat , duty = refundable, partial or full if pack dmgs, breaks, or lost.
or 20$ value + broken item description. + he has nothing against you if anything happens = no tax , no vat, no duty , a customs agent that might hammer the item to make sure its broken. = you as seller keep 100%

ya... nice right?

i think the problem lies with people cheaping out on the shipping.

i've shipped FedEx to the USA, multiple times, without issue. 6-10 day ground = 6-10 day ground.

the anti-canada flavour in this thread kinda bothers me. just use a RELIABLE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING METHOD.

notice the US in USPS? yeah. me too. CHEAPSKATES.

i think the problem lies with people cheaping out on the shipping.

i've shipped FedEx to the USA, multiple times, without issue. 6-10 day ground = 6-10 day ground.

the anti-canada flavour in this thread kinda bothers me. just use a RELIABLE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING METHOD.

notice the US in USPS? yeah. me too. CHEAPSKATES.

First of all I'm not an first time buyer, since I've already bought tons of items from fleabay and US stores online always using USPS, basically to save on brokerage fees. However I've never had to wait this long for the package to arrive and peeps scamming other peeps *(thanks to LogitechFreak). Just last week I've received 4 yate loons fans from San Jose, California (Petra shop) using cheapest USPS (6-10 business days international without insurance) and it took the pakckage 5 business days....today is going to be 16th business day for the package to arrive from Florida... go figure :rolleyes:

I've never had any problems with USPS before, plus with USPS once package crosses over the border you can pick it up from your closest Canada Post location. IMHO this is much more convient then dealing with Fedex or UPS, and did I say cheaper too...maybe I'm a cheapskate :D

Perhaps due to the exchnage rate (CDN loonie) Canadian Customs are overloaded with the number of parcels they have to go through causing all kind of delays. They are probably on Xmas schedule since September....

I'm still hoping for the package to arrive this week, if not I'll ask the seller to refund my money and I'll try to buy HSF again....

I've been waiting for 15+ business days for a CPU HSF to arrive from Florida to Ottawa, Ontario. :eek::confused: The guy used USPS, he said he threw away the receipt so he doesn't have any proof he sent me the package. I told him I'll wait till this Friday (19+ business days since he sent the package) and then I'll escalate the issue to paypal claim, and he agreed to pay, since he doesn't want to ruin his reputation for $25.

Whats sux about it is that I've been already scammed by LogitechFreak for NIB Zalman 9500 CPU HSF for $25. What are the chances of that happening :mad: I don't want to reveal his name on the forum, since I still believe in people, however my penitent are running very low....:(

Does anybody experiance this kind of shipment delays? A week ago I got yate loons from san jose after a week, so why in the hell is taking this package so long !!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Not long,but sometimes things happen (I'm also in Ottawa) I just bought a Audigy 2ZS and it arrived in 5 days from the mid west.A Dell 2005FPW in one week from a New Jersey
member,and a mahjangg set from a fellow member this past summer in 3 days from Ohio to here in the month of July.

Be patient.But yeah,the reciept going missing is kinda worrisome. :eek: Given that Customs and Excise is overloaded right now...

I always thought USPS shipping is brokerage fee free, where UPS and Fedex were charging brokerage fees. Even though, I've paid for the item (Ninja CPU HSF) $25 including shipping, which in my case no matter what shipment method was used should be exempted from brokerage fee charges...

Do not discuss illegal activities - Malcolm_Staudinger

And or if shipping by courier and ground (BIG no no) Get the shipper to mark on the claim form that the 'reciever will broker'.

UPS/Fedex/et all will not be able to charge you brokerage fee's that way.And,no,you do NOT need a brokerage license to do it yourself as a private citizen.I have done it more then a dozen and a half times since 2001.Worked for UPS from 95 to 97 here in Ottawa.

I have brought up US(Ellsworth/Turner) built mountain bike frames,and whole mountian bikes worth over 5+k that way,without issue.GL ! :)

Do not discuss illegal activities - Malcolm_Staudinger

And or if shipping by courier and ground (BIG no no) Get the shipper to mark on the claim form that the 'reciever will broker'.

UPS/Fedex/et all will not be able to charge you brokerage fee's that way.And,no,you do NOT need a brokerage license to do it yourself as a private citizen.I have done it more then a dozen and a half times since 2001.Worked for UPS from 95 to 97 here in Ottawa.

I have brought up US(Ellsworth/Turner) built mountain bike frames,and whole mountian bikes worth over 5+k that way,without issue.GL ! :)

all I can say is BROKERAGE FEES SUCK. I had to always paid them when using UPS, hence I've always using USPS and I have never had any problems....fleabay and pubic forums...till now....

Just to give you an update....It has been 19+ business days and I still have not seen my CPU HSF. :(:mad: I've told the seller last Sunday and he did acknowledged that I will escalate paypal dispute to paypal claim if he won't refund my money back by Friday evening. Since then I haven't heard anything from him even though I've sent him a reminder about Firday last Wednesday.

I guess at the end I've waisted over a month and $50USD. Hopefully paypal will help him to get my money back...:eek:

So today I've decided insteadI'll go with the local computer shop, even if it means paying few extra bucks, I don't think I could take again being scammed or deal with a bad seller so I've found an excellent deal in local store and I've ordered brand new big Ninja HSF for $35 (tax included).... :)

Anyways I've sent an PM to [H] mod asking him if I can/should reveal sellers userid to other peeps....

or you could just buy a new heatsink for 25 from newegg? ;)

Newegg doesn't sell to Canadians. Well, Canadians living in and wanting goods shipped to Canada. They'll sell to Jim Carey and other Canucks living in the US.

or you could just buy a new heatsink for 25 from newegg? ;)

Even if I could order it from newegg, they only sell "ninja mini" for $30 + tax + shipping. I got brand new 120mm ninja for $31 + tax = $35 from a local store... :D

However I wish newegg would deal with Canadians, they always have excellent prices :(

However I wish newegg would deal with Canadians, they always have excellent prices :(

Indeed, now they could earn even more from hordes of eager Canadians waiting to spend the strong loon. ;) (I'm in the US myself). It's probably some kind of logistical thing though, I would imagine.

Hey guys,

Mod thinks at this stage is okay to reveal this traders name. Anyways it was InvictuS who I dealt with, he said he shipped the product on Oct 22, 2007 and last Sunday he said he will refund my money if the package won't arrive till last Friday. I've sent him several PMs and emails to his gmail accout, however he didn't respond or refund my money. :mad: I've already escalated the issue with paypal to paypal claim. I'm just affraid the paypal will send me another 'no soup for you' letter.

I've asked him before to provide me with a proof of sending the item, but he said his brother tossed it away..... BTW... I've also called my VISA and they will take it from here.... If he is not a scammer, his trading manners are very poor...

I dunno what to say first it was LogitechFreak and now InvictuS. :(

WTF is going? where are honest peeps these days...

BTW Yesterday buddy of mine pick up a brand new Ninja plus rev. B HSF for $31 ($35 with taxes) in Toronto and he drop it off today at my place...... that HSF is BIG!!!!!!!!! :D I hope it fit it in my mobo....

Hey... didn't I send you a X850? :p

Couple of things. USPS international 6-10 days is Priority. Priority International (Non-Flat Rate Box) has Indemnity insurance based on weight free. 5lbs gives 72 dollars insurance. Priority International also has free tracking, using the Customs number.

But both require the receipt or Sender's copy of the Customs form.

Just an update:

After submitting a paypal claim, I got full refund from a seller.

Nice you got your cash back

Also NewEgg is working on getting set up for Canada customers

Just read it on there forum the other day

That would be awsome. I'll be putting together a new rig in mid January. Hopefully new E8200 will be out by then, and maybe I'll order all parts from newegg :).

That would be awsome. I'll be putting together a new rig in mid January. Hopefully new E8200 will be out by then, and maybe I'll order all parts from newegg :).

there's some great places in canada to get parts from. Canada Computers provides excellent prices (infact, sometimes it's cheaper then newegg)

there's some great places in canada to get parts from. Canada Computers provides excellent prices (infact, sometimes it's cheaper then newegg)
Except their service sucks enormous balls compared to Newegg.

I shop primarily at NCIX, particularly because of their excellent service and the fact that they price match. The only time I look to Canada Computers is when shipping will be cheaper (they offer flat-rate shipping whereas NCIX can charge an arm and a leg to ship something big).

They've been saying that for about 3 years now. Last I recall they were going to open in October of 2006, then November, then cancelled because of logistics issues. It's not going to happen. I'm done waiting for Newegg.

Back