How long do I wait till I get worried

groebuck

2[H]4U
Purchased an item on here from someone on a wed, they said they would ship friday and email me tracking. They have not been on forums since thurs and no info sent to me. I understand things come up but it was not a small amount of money I sent

I'm assuming the only reason you're worried is because you paid via some fee-less method with no purchase protection?

Even then though, I'd say 5 days is way too long to without any communication at all, so if I were you, I wouldn't wait any longer than end of day today to do whatever it is you need to do to try and get your money back.

Yeah I gifted because I usually do for anyone on H forums who has any kind of history. So I am screwed if I got screwed I guess.

That is why they say do not gift, ever.....

Did you get a phone number, called it and verified the person was who they said they were? and all those other notes that [H] says you should do before sending anyone money....

I would message once a day until you get a response but no more than once a day and stay polite. Start hitting their FS thread with did you get my message on Wednesday since it should turn to "worried mode" at that point. Post something like "Please reply with tracking via PM!!!!" in the for sale thread on Thursday or later probably. If the heatware is not very established then that may be cause for concern as well.

You still can take them to small claims and work with their local law enforcement if things go sour. You can do a lot more over the phone (if persistent) than you would think. Keep all records of your communication.

I don't think you will have anything to worry about yet, but if you do I can assist you a bit should you need it.

It is way too soon to be in panic mode though. ;)

Last edited:
Never ever ever had a problem gifting - and I only do it with people on H forums who have some sort of history here. Seller was limp gawd and had some heatware (even though it was old) . Been buying and selling for 16 years here this is my first and only problem

Never ever ever had a problem gifting - and I only do it with people on H forums who have some sort of history here. Seller was limp gawd and had some heatware (even though it was old) . Been buying and selling for 16 years here this is my first and only problem

This isn't good. I hope this isn't some voodoo coming on [H] to clean out wallets. [H] is the last place we need scammers coming onto the forums. I have done a lot of business/trades and gifted many times on [H]. I have had issues on ebay and craigslist.

:(

Yeah, that guy doesn't have enough heatware to use gift for payment in my opinion. The last time he sold something was 10 years ago as well. I would suggest at least 100 feedbacks minimum and all positive in the last 5 years before I would even think about it.

I just think you should be worried and not in a panic since it hasn't been that long yet. He is way out of the timetable of the agreement though. You sent him your address via PM right? Best case scenario: it shows up in the mail today. :)

I hope it shows up, cause I don't think there would be any other goo option to recover!

All is well, poor guy had a family emergency and contacted me. Even offered to refund some money. Good guy!

All is well, poor guy had a family emergency and contacted me. Even offered to refund some money. Good guy!

Well that is good. It hasn't been a week since he was supposed to ship so I would consider it water under the bridge with a positive feedback when completed.

This could be a happy ending just before the holiday season. I think you dodged a bullet groebuck. Congrats. :)

I would empty out that post with reference to his for sale thread until this gets resolved for now since this matter looks to be almost resolved. Thank you for the update BTW.

Last edited:
Back