How long did it take you to beat Modern Warfare 3?

merlin704

The Great Procrastinator
It took me exactly 4 hours 50 minutes and 34 seconds.

Glad I only rented it from Gamefly.

How long has it taken you to beat it?

4h and 10 minutes. Most likely just under 4h though since some of that was in the menu while I was eating dinner. I liked it, but I found the ending to be....dissapointing and that they just basically got rid of everyone was really lame. Seems no MW4 then, since everything is over now.

Wow! 4 hours really? I heard IW was focusing mainly on single player this time around...think I read them say it would take like 10 hours to beat...

Ok, so its only 4 hours...but is it a solid 4 hours? I mean, sure its short, but is it good? And I ask because my main think with COD games has always been the awesome single player. If it isn't good I might just skip MW3 :-/

Wow! 4 hours really? I heard IW was focusing mainly on single player this time around...think I read them say it would take like 10 hours to beat...

Ok, so its only 4 hours...but is it a solid 4 hours? I mean, sure its short, but is it good? And I ask because my main think with COD games has always been the awesome single player. If it isn't good I might just skip MW3 :-/

I gotta say that most of the Delta team missions were quite..."meh" as mentioned in another thread before. Overall I found the campaign to sometimes be a drag, running around killing hundreds of enemies every time. And I really hated the characters they killed off, so fucking stupid.

Not worth it. Maybe if you can find it in the bargain bin for $10 in 5 years, or just borrow from a friend on a console.

4 hours 20 minutes :) Not too happy with how short it was. I think modern warfare 2 was longer.

What else would they focus on? MP was done 2 games ago...:rolleyes:

Seems like SP was just as short if not shorter than BF3...

I hear the SP is a great experience. I can't wait to play it for free....take that how you wish.

$15 per hour for 4 hours of a single player campaign, that's not a great deal :/

Five hours or so, I think. Not worth much more than a rental, I'd say.

6:30 on veteran, first playthrough. I'm not normally a max-difficulty gamer, so the difference between that and some of the lower times in here is likely me dying a lot. There was one checkpoint where I would die if I didn't start moving a split second after the game loaded. Which is bad, because the movement keys don't register unless you press them after the game has finished loading.

$15 per hour for 4 hours of a single player campaign, that's not a great deal :/
But this game has multiplayer too.

6:30 on veteran, first playthrough. I'm not normally a max-difficulty gamer, so the difference between that and some of the lower times in here is likely me dying a lot. There was one checkpoint where I would die if I didn't start moving a split second after the game loaded. Which is bad, because the movement keys don't register unless you press them after the game has finished loading.

But this game has multiplayer too.

I sent you a PM

4 hours to complete the "single player" game? Un-fucking-believable. I thought Medal of Honor was bad with its 5 hour bullshit excuse for a single player game.

Why dont they just say its a MP only game? If Id paid $60 for this I would be pissed! I really hate this trend of shooters having half assed single player games. Maybe I need to branch out into RPG's a little more.

5h 4m on normal. I guess it was worth the $2.14 rental but it's such a far cry from the solid SP experience the series was once known for.

I enjoyed the Medal of Honor campaign more. Maybe I've just been desensitized to the epic 'moments' of CoD. When CoD4 killed a player character or something big happened, it was edgy and innovative. Now it's just cliche and lacks impact.

5h 4m on normal. I guess it was worth the $2.14 rental but it's such a far cry from the solid SP experience the series was once known for.

Actually COD peaked in 2003 and has been a turd ever since.....COD4 brought an impressive GFX upgrade but not much else.

It took around 7 hours to play through single player mode. The game is a different beast with native textures, It now hovers around 45fps, with dips to <30 in busy sequences on an overclocked 460gtx (it easily fill it's 1gb memory), which hardly dropped below 60fps before, but it does look good and you can see why it's a 14gb download now). so I may have to play it again.

As of this moment I have now logged:
3.5 hours in Special Ops
9.5 hours in SP
20 hours in MP (level 45)
(played it solid the whole of Saturday to 5am)

I have 240hrs logged in FOvegas via Steam account.

I have 600+ hours in CoH and got it for $10, but what does this have to do with the discussion?

And for the person with the gtx 460, which resolution are you playing at because this game barely uses any memory at 1080p and it doesn't lag or even hint at lag with my OCed gtx 460.

I have 600+ hours in CoH and got it for $10, but what does this have to do with the discussion?

And for the person with the gtx 460, which resolution are you playing at because this game barely uses any memory at 1080p and it doesn't lag or even hint at lag with my OCed gtx 460.
1920x1200 with everything maxed and native textures, basically the cost of going from extra high textures to native is a 50% cut in framerates (but worth it) and I would hate to try that on a 768mb card.

Now I think 2gb is needed and 4gb being less of a marketing gimmick in the very near future, come on next gen cards...

Actually COD peaked in 2003 and has been a turd ever since.....COD4 brought an impressive GFX upgrade but not much else.

You are welcome to your opinion. I really enjoyed the campaign length, gameplay and story in CoD4, found it as enjoyable as the original.

You are welcome to your opinion. I really enjoyed the campaign length, gameplay and story in CoD4, found it as enjoyable as the original.

I found the shooting incredibly dull....maybe you should try ME2, that has ordinary shooting, but unlike any COD, has a decent story.

5.5h on Veteran, in 3D. The 3D was much better than BO's.

The SP was ok, MW2 easily remains the best in the series apart from CoD2 imo. The SP lacked any intense missions like MW2 and Brian Tylers score was generic trash compared to Hans Zimmers in MW2.

Since the SP has been shit since World At War I don't feel bad for anyone that buys it "expecting" a longer / better experience. If you haven't realized at this point that COD is all about the MP by now then I don't really know what to say.

In fact in general most shooters have some of the shortest SP campaigns around.

Gamefly rents PC games? Hate to say this but with very few great games coming out or ever coming out for that matter, I could never play such a great game with dumbed down graphics from a console. You're robbing yourself of so much more visually. Granted, I know a few console kiddies lurk here on the forums and their 6 year old Xbox 360 is all they have. I guess it's better than nothing.

I still haven't beat the single player aspect of Bad Company 2.

4 hours? WoW, you really must be rushing this game. It took me 8 hours. And I really enjoyed the game.
Paid for it about $30 (standard retail price in my country), so it's decent fun for that money.

Gamefly rents PC games? Hate to say this but with very few great games coming out or ever coming out for that matter, I could never play such a great game with dumbed down graphics from a console. You're robbing yourself of so much more visually. Granted, I know a few console kiddies lurk here on the forums and their 6 year old Xbox 360 is all they have. I guess it's better than nothing.

I still haven't beat the single player aspect of Bad Company 2.

lol great game? i played MW3 4 years ago, it was called COD4:MW. and yes the single player is shitty enough that its worth paying the 2.14 at a redbox and renting the console version. and no the stupid native texture bullcrap does not save the game at all. its 60 dollar regurgitated crap..

5.5h on Veteran, in 3D. The 3D was much better than BO's.

The SP was ok, MW2 easily remains the best in the series apart from CoD2 imo. The SP lacked any intense missions like MW2 and Brian Tylers score was generic trash compared to Hans Zimmers in MW2.

i agree MW2's SP wasn't all that bad other then the auto aim AI getting a headshot on me constantly every time i came around a corner.though i found myself just replaying the airport terminal level over and over. that level alone was worth the 5 bucks i payed for the game.

I used Red Box Saturday afternoon and had it beat in 5 hours. Returned it the following morning. best $1.00 I have spent in a long time (excluding Mnt Dew purchases, I love my Mnt Dew).

Note: I payed $1.00, as I had a coupon for Red Box. I believe the regular cost for games are $1.50 or $2.00 per night without a coupon.

I found the shooting incredibly dull....maybe you should try ME2, that has ordinary shooting, but unlike any COD, has a decent story.

If you are referring to Mass Effect 2, played it and loved it (though the combat mechanics are iffy; story makes up for it in this case). That reminds me I need to finish my second play-through using my ME1 save where I hooked up with Ashley. That's the one I want to carry over to ME3.

If you are referring to Mass Effect 2, played it and loved it (though the combat mechanics are iffy; story makes up for it in this case). That reminds me I need to finish my second play-through using my ME1 save where I hooked up with Ashley. That's the one I want to carry over to ME3.

ME2's ending was like finding out your girlfriend is really a man. The ending in ME2 was so anti climatic it pretty much brought the series down to emo stages.

ME2's ending was like finding out your girlfriend is really a man. The ending in ME2 was so anti climatic it pretty much brought the series down to emo stages.

LoL...if you're referring to the boss battle I would agree. For me the fun was exploring the side stories of all the characters, and seeing how your choices played out.

Okay, not on topic, I know. I'm done:)

But yeah, nobody plays COD for the SP (or not many people).

The latter is probably correct. Except for CoD4, I haven't really done anything with CoD's multiplayer; I've always been more interested in the SP. I tried to get into MW2's MP but without ranked dedicated servers, it just wasn't much fun for my friends and me.

Back