How is Toy Soldiers on PC?

4LC4PON3

DERP!
I am looking to get away from FPS & more into Strategy Based Games such as Toy Soldiers. Has anyone played this game yet on PC. Its only $10.00 on Steam.

I am just tired of the same old FPS so I really want to wonder into something new. I really want a game that is very addicting

While I didn't play it on steam I did on the 360 and it's a blast if you like Tower defense style games.

The art and style of the plastic soldiers/vehicles lend itself well for that type of game and being able to take control is a nice way to get more involved in the action (and can backfire when you forget to build up more defenses :D) .

I am looking to get away from FPS & more into Strategy Based Games such as Toy Soldiers. Has anyone played this game yet on PC. Its only $10.00 on Steam.

I am just tired of the same old FPS so I really want to wonder into something new. I really want a game that is very addicting

My friend picked up Toy Soldiers yesterday and his words were "pretty wicked". He's enjoying it. I know that for $10 I would try pretty much anything but everyone is different. The risk is very low at that price.

I bought it, but alas it is an underwhelming port in some ways

1. I am to understand that on X360 there are multiplayer options. On PC, nothing. Single player only.
2. There is no 1920x1080 resolution support. 1650 is about the best you're going to get unfortunately. Perhaps this is also true on Xbox360, but I figured if they were going to take the time to port, they could at least ensure more graphical options, including 1920x1080.
3. Lack of control remapping.
4. Beware of GamesForWindows Live. Not a dealbreaker for everyone, but just know the title requires it - probably the legacy of its X360 port heritage.

Now, its a 7.99 title and probably is worthwhile. I really enjoy Tower Defense gametypes and this one even includes the X360 "expansion" DLC content, but I object to the lack of multiplayer and resolution issues. It basically seems like a shoddy "as fast as possible" port and anything new or deemed too hard wasn't worth it.

Back