how is the mac mouse?

JVC

[H]ard|Gawd
anyone have one? how is it? (i plan on using it on my pc)

Are you speaking about the Mighty Mouse? I have the bluetooth version and I enjoy it with my iBook. You can set it up freely and the mutli directional scoll ball is nice. All I really have to say that it can sense your fingers. Example if you click with your left finger but have your right finger on the mouse, then it may do the right command.

Consider it.

does it scroll from left to right? what about up and down how is it? thanks for answering!

mighty mouse? hate it.

horrible mouse.

Optional87 said what I was going to say almost word for word. Its nice to look at, matches the Macbook but otherwise its garbage. On paper, sounds great. In practice, infuriating. It scrolls left, right, up and down but none of that matters when you can't right click with your finger on the left click. If you game, or ever right click for any reason, this will bother you greatly.

it technically *has* right click, it knows where your finger is, but if you rest your left click finger, while you press the right click, forget it, it wont' register, it has to be one finger at a time, it's ridiculous, it's a horrible mouse

and for the bluetooth version, for the money MUCH better mice can be had with 10x the functionality...

ugh, so infuriating i gave it to my SISTER.... ugh.

I use a bluetooth MX1000 with my MBP. Model number: M-RBA97
Unfortunately the Logitech mouse software doesn't work on it so I can only right/left mouse click and scroll.
I also use the same mouse when using Vista 64bit Ultimate via bootcamp without issues (Windows detects and uses all the buttons properly even without software.)

(I don't even know if Logitech supports this mouse anymore as I can't find it on the website. It is different than the regular MX1000 which requires the USB dongle.)

try gaming with it lol.

if you hold your mouse with your fingertips, you cant really use it all.

I agree with the generally idea that the Mighty Mouse is awful. While it may look nice, as a mouse, it's absolutely useless. Not to mention you can buy one really nice keyboard and mouse set for what just a bluetooth mighty mouse costs. I wouldn't spend the money.

I use a bluetooth MX1000 with my MBP. Model number: M-RBA97
Unfortunately the Logitech mouse software doesn't work on it so I can only right/left mouse click and scroll.
I also use the same mouse when using Vista 64bit Ultimate via bootcamp without issues (Windows detects and uses all the buttons properly even without software.)

(I don't even know if Logitech supports this mouse anymore as I can't find it on the website. It is different than the regular MX1000 which requires the USB dongle.)

Have you tried Steermouse? It's supposed to let you use all the features of your mouse in OS X, and supports both USB and Bluetooth devices. http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/

The Mighty Mouse is shit. Apple make great keyboards and the best damned trackpads in the world, but they couldn't design a mouse to save their lives.

i have the bluetooth mightymouse and i hate it...just doesnt feel right...for a mouse stick with logitech..i use my g7 while the mighty mouse collects dust

Not as accurate in scrolling as some others, universal ball needs to be cleaned more often than necessary [the fact that it needs cleaning at all, I mean]. Expense is an issue as well as the infuriating right vs left click schemes. It's designed to look good as opposed to being highly functional. Get yourself a Logitech or MS mouse.

why is USB OD better than Steermouse?

Because it basically does everything Steermouse does, plus works with just about any other USB input device you can think of (Joystick, Speedpad, etc.). It costs the same amount, but doesn't stop working if you don't want to buy it.

Back